Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever buy the same thing in different colors.

@2zbeach wrote:

Just curious....do you ever buy the same thing/style in different colors?  I try not to,unless they are basics like turtlenecks,tees,etc. But I find I fall in love with certain things. For example,I bought the Linea flutter sleeve blouse (A 294604) in black,got it home and loved it so much,I went back for pink.  I've done this with shoes,too,especially because I am a hard fit.  Do you do this or not? 

I sure do buy duplicates! Well fitting slacks, shoes in multiple colors.... Underwear for sure....a great fitting bra...3 at least & panties the same. 

Honored Contributor

@janeec wrote:

Yes!  I usually purchase classic style clothes.  I will buy several colors but pick colors that coordinate with each other.  It increases the versatility of my wardrobe.  If I like something, the style, fit, etc. why go with something different?

@janeec  That's exactly what I do....classic styles and timeless colors. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes always.  I shop at TJMaxx/Marshall's a lot, and I get a little mad if I can't find it in another color .

Edited to say that I have three pairs of the same shoes, same color.  I wear them all winter with my jeans.  The ones that are a little beat up are good enough for running around; another pair for when I'm going out; and a spare for when the first ones are too far gone lol

Respected Contributor

I do this all the time.  Pants, tops, sweaters, jackets, you name it.  If I like it, I want it in several colors.  Shoes for sure.  For instance, I love Enzo Angelini Liberty flats and I have just about every color they come in.  I love colors and when I find something I like, I often will purchase it in several colors.  Another for instance, I really like Issac's 24/7 and ponte knit pants and I have them in many colors.  Same for Susan Graver pants, and D&C original waist pants.  I could go on, but you get the idea!

Esteemed Contributor

I do this all the time if I find something I like.

Respected Contributor

I buy multiples too often and I'm trying to really think about it now, before making those purchases.  Now with jeans and pants, I have no problem with getting multiples if I know the style and fit is right for me.  But yesterday, I was going to order two of the Halston TSV sweaters.  I have no idea if this sweater will fit or be flattering on me...so I just ordered one, in black.  Sometimes I get caught up with sale/special pricing and I just have to stop and say why do I need two of those.

Honored Contributor

Re: . Re: Do you ever buy the same thing in different colors.

@StylishLady  Funny - I did this once, one navy pump & one black. Didn't even know I did it until I got to my office that morning, looked down and I laughed out loud, "my shoes don't match!!!".  Laughed some more at myself and kept on trucking.

Honored Contributor

@2zbeach  I do often. And I get griped at myself when I don't buy multiples of something I like and then try to buy more later and the item is all gone.

Trusted Contributor

I do in pants & jeans that won't need altering, shoes & boots that are comfy, jackets that fit in the shoulders and arm length. It saves returns by car or mail. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, all the time.  I'm a classic girl! Woman Happy