Honored Contributor

Re: . Re: Do you ever buy the same thing in different colors.

I have done so in the past, but not really anymore, unless it's a tee or polo, or jeans. Lol, so yes, I guess I do.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever buy the same thing in different colors.

[ Edited ]

Rarely, but if it a classic that I tend to wear frequently....I might.  (Different story for under garments.)

Honored Contributor

Yes, especially jeans, shoes and one particular crossbody bag which I have bought several colors. I guess it's kind of like having a uniform in a way. Brainless-stressless dressing...lol! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!  I buy basics that I use all of the time as well as underwear.  By the time I decide I need more, It's discontinued or sold out!

I see no reason to "reinvent the wheel"!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I don't buy multiples anymore. It caused me to buy more clothes than I can wear. I think that it is "splitting your wears." How many times do you wear each item? That raised alarm bells for me and caused me to stop.

I can only wear one at a time.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I do and sometimes I buy the same item in more than one size.  I know there was a time I had a Chico's black trouser I loved in 3 different sizes because as I was losing weight, they were my go-to bottoms.  Luckily I found the 2 smaller sizes at thrift shops in good condition.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do.  This year I bought Iman's ankle pants in like 5 colors!  They were the perfect fit and as a short person it is hard to find something the exact length I need.  

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady

I've done that before too! LOL it was years ago and they were the Birkenstock sandal dupes that I had picked up in a couple of different colors. Put one on and then I guess I reached my foot under the bed for the other one without really looking. Realize later they were two different colors!

But in general I usually do the same shirt pants different colors with basics like tanks and tees. I did go off script with a Slinky lace peplum that I picked up in 2 colors. Beautiful shirt but I can't wear it if I don't want to talk to strangers! It's a guaranteed compliment (s) regardless of which one I wear

Respected Contributor

I'm so bad that I have bought same thing in the SAME color.  I am a sucker for the great tees.  I'll buy a second in black or white if I really love it.  Same with a great pair of black pants.

Super Contributor

Yes!  I usually purchase classic style clothes.  I will buy several colors but pick colors that coordinate with each other.  It increases the versatility of my wardrobe.  If I like something, the style, fit, etc. why go with something different?