Regular Contributor

Re: Do puffer coats make you look bigger?

Check out Amazon Essentials Puffer Coat.  There are long and short versions, around $50 or less.  I have both.  The "puffiness" is not extreme at all.  Warm and water resistent.  Plus -- free shipping and free returns so nothing to lose to try one.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Yes they can...but they are pretty and stylish now so I own several and do not care!  Faux fur coats do this also...I look like a bear! 

The nuage line here is really nice...I have 3 of those...one mid length and 2 just a inch above the knee...so warm and pretty.

I am choosing to wear what I like and enjoy...other people can do the same and keep any negative comments to yourselfWoman Happy

Valued Contributor

Don't own a puffer coat and don't plan to in the future.  No matter how they design or disguise it.  

Honored Contributor

I don't care for them, and wouldn't wear one. However that's just my decision, you should try one on and decide for yourself.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yes they tend to make everyone look bigger but it's all in the construction of the coat. The softer the better. 

It wouldn't stop me from getting one if I was in the market for another coat.

Honored Contributor

Yes!

Honored Contributor

For me warmth is what matters, not whether a coat makes me look bigger or smaller. I'm not trying to impress others.  

Respected Contributor

The name says it all!

But I wouldn't let that stop me from wearing one if I spent a lot of time outdoors in the winter.

Esteemed Contributor

Is the Pope Catholic?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Yes, though there are some that have a more feminine shape that cut in a bit at the waist and have less bulky arms that cut back on some of this. There are some cute ones out there though.