Honored Contributor

Do (Or Would) You Buy A Colored Coat As A Basic?

Would you buy a coat in a color (or print for that matter) to wear on a daily basis?  Do you consider the colors and prints of your clothes when you chose a basic coat?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do (Or Would) You Buy A Colored Coat As A Basic?

I have several red coats. Of course,I would buy a colored coat.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@ECBG   ABSOLUTELY ...  what fun.  Changes it up a bit.    I wouldn't get a hot pink (and I love that color...  I have a jacket in hot pinkj) as a basic,  but I would definitely get a color.

Esteemed Contributor

do you consider 'black' a color?!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG I currently own a red coat that I truly love.  Red is a power color and I feel good when I put in on!

Esteemed Contributor

No, I buy black, brown, navy and sometimes beige or creme color.  But in general I am not a coat person. 

Honored Contributor

I have different color coats.  I like changing it up and I do get alot of wear out of them living in NY

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have several colored coats as well as a leopard raincoat and a Southwestern print coat. On cold days the coat is all that is seen. Before COVID I dressed for shopping around my coat choice. Now that I stay isolated my coat choice is less important except for staying warm.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the coat.  All of my dressier coats that I wear with skirts, dresses and nice pants are black.  

I have casual coats that are in prints, plaid or other colors.  I also have a couple of rain coats and one is a black, white and gray animal print.

Trusted Contributor

I have a dusty aqua coat that I wear all the time. It seems to go with everything. I guess because it's a muted shade it almost works as a neutral. I only wear a cool tone clothing so that might be part of it