Valued Contributor

Re: Did or does Quacker Factory ever make tees than you can machine wash and dry?

I turn my items with sequins & rhinestones inside out and put them in mesh lingerie bags and wash on delicate/gentle cycle. Then lay flat on a clothes drying rack to dry. Never have problems.
Honored Contributor

Re: Did or does Quacker Factory ever make tees than you can machine wash and dry?

No idea what they're doing now, but I have several 100% cotton Quacker tops from many years back. Everyone's fabric and workmanship should be so good - those two tops have been washed and washed and washed.

I never count how many times I wear something so that I'd know cost per wearing and the tops I'm thinking of were gifts so I don't know their price. I do know that on a cost per wearing, they cost less than a set of 100% cotton tops I bought elsewhere at the same time.

Super Contributor

I handwashed a couple of tops years ago but they came out a wrinkled mess so I never bought from her line again..
Honored Contributor

My mom gave me a cotton one that is fine in the washer and dryer.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I have one set of the two T-shirts from last year. The wash up wonderful and they do have the tiny studs on them. I just ordered two more sets yesterday in the white and pale pink. I have a setting on my machine for delicate fabric I use that when washing this type of clothing items .. I hang dry. I never put them in the machine. Never had any problem.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want to lose any of the stones. I stand/sit alongside of my washer, let agitate slightly, then move it along to the next step, etc. etc. Only a slight final spin. Wash everything inside out, BTW. Then I lay flat to dry on a towel on a wooden drying rack. (Right side out, stones facing upward.). P.S.: Sometimes I wash by hand (inside out) in a plastic washing bowl, then final spin only slightly in the washer.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

It's not the washer that's the problem. It is the dryer. Things WILL shrink in the dryer. The hosts and vendors always tell you to wash and "tumble dry". I never do. They will shrink at least an inch. This goes for most fabrics. I put jeans in the dryer, socks and shirts I just wear around the house, but never put anything else in. Not even pajamas. The legs will get shorter and shorter with time. I don't care who makes them.

Angel always says to wash inside out on gentle and I forgot what she says about putting in the dryer.

Frequent Contributor

I think Jeanne Bice was a big cotton fan. Angel used to talk about adding spandex and/or poly, but most of the tee shirts I see presented are cotton. No matter what I did to launder them, and did not dry them in the dryer, but they would come out wrinkled and looking boxy. And, the embellishments didn't hold up. Couldn't handwash everything, so I stopped buying.

Esteemed Contributor

For machine washing an embellished garment, turn inside out and place in a mesh laundry bag. Wash on delicate and it should be fine. I would pass on the dryer, but then I skip machine drying, and air dry most of my clothes.

Super Contributor

On 3/22/2015 3dog1 said:

I think Jeanne Bice was a big cotton fan. Angel used to talk about adding spandex and/or poly, but most of the tee shirts I see presented are cotton. No matter what I did to launder them, and did not dry them in the dryer, but they would come out wrinkled and looking boxy. And, the embellishments didn't hold up. Couldn't handwash everything, so I stopped buying.

That's why I won't buy anything QF because it's always 100% cotton and doesn't hold it's shape. I like some of the simpler Quacker tops but won't purchase anything 100% cotton.