Frequent Contributor

Re: Did I Miss The Discussion About Alberti?

Well said, Feline Fine. I, too, like Alberti's demeanor. He seems like a nice man with a genuine smile. I enjoy watching him and look forward to seeing more of his presentations. I think he will be a great asset to QVC.
Esteemed Contributor

One of my guilty pleasures is Say Yes To The Dress. The best expert at Kleinfeld's is Randy. He is the resident stylist and fashion expert. I have no objection to men selling women's clothes, cosmetics, etc.
Super Contributor

I am fine with it. As long as he's into it that will come across. Coming from the Alterna hair line, he must have some kind of background in the beauty business. I haven't seen any of his presentations yet, however. Is he on the overnights?

Honored Contributor

I welcome the change... where QVC is concerned, any change...

Besides, I like him and have no problem with him selling a broad range of products.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 LipstickDiva said:

There have been about 50 threads about Alberti so far. I haven't seen any about the new female host though!

Possibly because she's essentially cut from the same mold as the other newer female hosts and hence isn't really all that new or different. He, on the other hand, represents a real change of pace from the usual QVC host.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 4/22/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 4/14/2014 Perkup said:
On 4/14/2014 12andcounting said:
On 4/13/2014 sparklestar said:

I prefer not to listen to a male talk about makeup and women's fashions.

I agree with you, sparkle.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with these posters. I didn't find Alberti especially effective in the sale of women's clothing - found it quite strange (but not surprising) that he commented how he would wear it. Really?

I'd like to know more about this fellow. Is he married? Children? What's his past experience with internet sales? (I know he was a vendor at QVC, but I didn't care for him in that capacity.

I think some posters may have misconstrued what Alberti meant when he talked about how he would wear it -- he probably meant "if I were a woman", this is how I would wear it, but just didn't express it quite as clearly as he might have. I really don't think he's into wearing women's clothes or jewelry. And what difference would it make if he were married, single, had children, or whatever - would that make him a better host? After all, so many complain about the women hosts talking constantly about their families, giggling, admiring themselves in the monitor, etc.

In view of a lot of things expressed on this and other threads about him, could it be that the need to know whether he's married or has children is another way of asking the question that's really on a lot of people's minds? I think he will make an excellent host with a little more experience -- I just wish I could see some of the posters who are so critical do that job - that might be hilarious and a show worth watching!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Exactly. Perkup's strange need to know his marital/child status is really just her not so subtle way of asking if he's gay or straight. She wants him to be married because the idea of a gay male host on QVC makes her uncomfortable. The world may be making advances towards tolerance but there is still a lot of intolerant ignorance out there.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/22/2014 peace6576 said:
On 4/22/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 4/14/2014 Perkup said:
On 4/14/2014 12andcounting said:
On 4/13/2014 sparklestar said:

I prefer not to listen to a male talk about makeup and women's fashions.

I agree with you, sparkle.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with these posters. I didn't find Alberti especially effective in the sale of women's clothing - found it quite strange (but not surprising) that he commented how he would wear it. Really?

I'd like to know more about this fellow. Is he married? Children? What's his past experience with internet sales? (I know he was a vendor at QVC, but I didn't care for him in that capacity.

I think some posters may have misconstrued what Alberti meant when he talked about how he would wear it -- he probably meant "if I were a woman", this is how I would wear it, but just didn't express it quite as clearly as he might have. I really don't think he's into wearing women's clothes or jewelry. And what difference would it make if he were married, single, had children, or whatever - would that make him a better host? After all, so many complain about the women hosts talking constantly about their families, giggling, admiring themselves in the monitor, etc.

In view of a lot of things expressed on this and other threads about him, could it be that the need to know whether he's married or has children is another way of asking the question that's really on a lot of people's minds? I think he will make an excellent host with a little more experience -- I just wish I could see some of the posters who are so critical do that job - that might be hilarious and a show worth watching!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Exactly. Perkup's strange need to know his marital/child status is really just her not so subtle way of asking if he's gay or straight. She wants him to be married because the idea of a gay male host on QVC makes her uncomfortable. The world may be making advances towards tolerance but there is still a lot of intolerant ignorance out there.

ITA...Does it strike anybody as odd that there have been so many complimentary comments about HSN's Bill Green--and no one even hints at questioning what his "persuasion" might be? Why pile on Alberti because he is a little different than the typical "macho" guy image some posters seem to think should be the only choice for a male host...so he can sell tools, and ladders, etc.? Some of the nicest people I've known in my life have been those who are "different" from what a lot of people consider the "norm".....

Super Contributor

Ya gotta love those metrosexual guys.

Super Contributor

Alberti is a breath of fresh air for the Q. He is a good guy, funny, smart and stylish. I like him.

Super Contributor

I finally saw this guy last Friday on Lisa's show. I thought he came across well and should do fine (I didn't watch much of the show, jmo of what little I saw of him). They mentioned he'd be filling in for that pregnant host who just left on Lisa's show for awhile, so I'll see more of him. Very nice smile. Hope they don't change him into an over the top host like so many of the other newbies........