Valued Contributor

Did I Miss The Discussion About Alberti?

Alberti seems like a very nice person. He certainly is delightful to listen to. I am a bit confused about his role at the Q. From what I can see he is going to be selling jewelry and clothes and shoes to us women. This is a surprising turn for the Q. I am not saying it isn't welcome, it's fine with me, it just surprises me. I just need someone to tell me what the garment feels like and what the color really is (while really showing it). If he can do those two things he already has my vote.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did I Miss The Discussion About Alberti?

HSN has a very nice and knowledgeable male host hosting on Twiggy shows and other fashion vendors' shows.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I prefer not to listen to a male talk about makeup and women's fashions.

Honored Contributor

i think that qvc should continue to bring in more male hosts. i like alberti.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

On 4/13/2014 ROMARY said:

HSN has a very nice and knowledgeable male host hosting on Twiggy shows and other fashion vendors' shows.

I agree Romary. I am sorry I do not remember his name, but I have no issue whatsoever having a male sell me shoes, clothes or whatever. If you go to a department store, it isn't all women on the floor selling to you, unless it is literally a boutique/specialty type of store perhaps you would only see women. I agree with you as well sunshine45, describe the product and I will decide on my own. Nine times out of ten, it isn't their verbal description of the product it is how it looks on the actual model that helps me in my decision.

Honored Contributor

My favorite male host right now is Bill Green on HSN. He can sell absolutely anything!!!!! He's always so knowledgeable and fun to watch.

Super Contributor

I find it refreshing to have a male vendor give their spin on woman's fashion, etc.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/13/2014 sparklestar said:

I prefer not to listen to a male talk about makeup and women's fashions.

I agree with you, sparkle.

Super Contributor

Really looking forward to Alberti. I like that they have added a new guy with a different skill set than the other male hosts.

Super Contributor

I like him! He's doing a great job (: