Esteemed Contributor

Re: DESINGERS MAKE WHAT LOOKS GREAT ON THEM!

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Well said!!! I think a lot of the female designers design clothes to cover their issues & flaws!! Then they try to tell the rest of us that their clothes fit every body type!!

I think the men design clothes that they think women should wear!!

There are exceptions though.I think Louis Del'Olio has a good eye for how to dress women.So did Bradley Bayou & Mark Bower who are no longer at the Q!!

I agree with you....i think Louis Del'Olio definately makes clothes to compliment almost all women...great designer..

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Well said!!! I think a lot of the female designers design clothes to cover their issues & flaws!! Then they try to tell the rest of us that their clothes fit every body type!!

I think the men design clothes that they think women should wear!!

There are exceptions though.I think Louis Del'Olio has a good eye for how to dress women.So did Bradley Bayou & Mark Bower who are no longer at the Q!!

Mark Bouwer is on Evine. I have seen some of his clothing line on that shopping network. I have not seen Bradley Bayou since he left the Q.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree.  With the exception of SG, the women Qvc designers design for their own body types.  It's the same with the other shopping channels.  It's why I only buy from 4 or 5 Qvc designers, the ones I know work for my body type.  I like what I see from Lisa Rinna and Renee Greenstein but see those super thin ladies with the long lean legs strutting around in their designs and I know I can't carry that off and look good.  Sure, they have my size but there is more to looking good in things that being able to get into them.  And I am not being critical.

Honored Contributor

IMO it's a good thing that all these designers create different items with different shapes, colors, and style details. If they were all designing exactly the same thing we would all be wearing the same clothes. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the Logo lady looks good in the clothes she designs at all.  Graver looks pretty good in her own designs.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

IMO it's a good thing that all these designers create different items with different shapes, colors, and style details. If they were all designing exactly the same thing we would all be wearing the same clothes. 

Yes!  We're all unique and we aren't going to look good in everything. We aren't going to get a good fit in everything.  It's just a fact of life.  I believe, it's also why we hear the complaint about "erratic sizing".   Some women expect that because they wear a size 8 in one brand or one particular size....they wear an 8 in everything.  Nothing could be further from the truth. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  They probably design for a fit model as most designers do, but also for what they consider the ideal women...tall, thin, etc. Ever see a runway show? The women are 6' tall and very thin. That's been been an issue for years because it affects the body image of young girls and also does not reflect the size of the average women.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone see Isaac M. wearing a dark olive green during one of his presentations?   He looked fabulous, and he very subtly mentioned that he was 'wearing green', but I don't know if the host 'caught' his hint.   (He almost always wears black, and often mentions it.  So, he seemed very, very subtly happy that he ventured onto a new color.)  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Anyone see Isaac M. wearing a dark olive green during one of his presentations?   He looked fabulous, and he very subtly mentioned that he was 'wearing green', but I don't know if the host 'caught' his hint. 

@ROMARY

So what was the hint?   I don't know what you're alluding to.

Honored Contributor

TinkrBelle:  'I don't know'...........I just thought that he was very proud of himself (in a nice way) that he wasn't wearing his usual black top.  Very wittingly cute.  (Heart Isaac)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).