Respected Contributor

all it's B&M stores.  Now online only.  I have to admit that stores that don't sell my size closing doesn't bother me. 

Respected Contributor

I never think of The Limited any more.  Several years ago, I found a couple of professional tailored slacks that were a great fit, but it always seemed I had to work too long and hard to come out of the store with any purchases.

Valued Contributor

Although I am not a Limited shopper, I feel sorry that all of these companies are closing their B&M stores.  The mall near me has already lost several stores without replacements going in.  Also this mall is anchored by a Sears and Macys.  The world is changing.

Honored Contributor

Just today I went to my local mall and noticed that the store was stripped bare and had sales signs with dramatic savings posted on the front windows.  The truth is, I had even forgotten the store was there.  In my younger days, I frequented the store often as it had stylish offerings.

Seeing this store in its final days as a B&M structure did hurt my heart.  What is going on in the marketplace is tragic, and we, as consumers, will ultimately suffer.  I am as guilty as the next peson of buying online, but the demise of the Limited (and so many other stores) brings home the truth that everything has consequences.

Respected Contributor

I didn't even know they were still around. I never bought a thing there. I recall looking a few times and that the quality was not very good. It's too bad for their employees. I don't know how stores make it these days. 

Trusted Contributor

I loved the Limited in the 80's, and then it changed.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't thought about The Limited in years.  Back in my youth, I used to drive 60+ miles just to shop The Limited.  Such nifty stuff back then and I could always find a perfect fit.

I know I'm an old fuddy-duddy, but I hate it when a store goes online only.  I prefer shopping in a store where I can see the quality, feel the fabrics, and read the washing instructions, etc.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I bought from them way back in the 1970s.  They were competitive for fashion at that time.

Honored Contributor

@evelyner

Exactly! They were good for a while and then they turned into a Lerner's; disposable clothing

Honored Contributor

I just heard this too. Another retail casualty.  Woman Sad

Here's a link to an article that explains the details:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/01/06/the-limited-is-closing-all-of-its-250-sto...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~