Esteemed Contributor

It's fine.  No Donny Osmond in the way back machine, please, but even then I'll bet someone out there could create a sartorially chic look with that.

I don't wear true blue denim anymore.  I've erased that part of my history, all for the good.

Happy trails!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I wear blue denim pieces together as long as they are not matchy matchy...to me that's tacky tacky.

Honored Contributor

I wear denim and denim a lot.  Sometimes when I do I wear pearls with it, it looks classy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't like the look of denim with denim.  It's just too heavy and too much.  Also, most of the time it doesn't match well and looks like you just missed.  Why not invest in a new colored denim jacket? 

Esteemed Contributor

My signature denim jacket is a light wash Chicos with embroidery (get lots of compliments and many think I embroidered it).  I always wear it with darker wash or black pants.  I love this jacket so much that when it word out I purchased 3 more on the Bay (yes, I love it!!!).

Honored Contributor

I have seen images online recently showing denim head to toe so I guess it is trending again. At my age, I have seen and participated in most trends so when a trend comes back around again, it is always interesting. 

I have a cropped dark wash 3/4 sleeve jacket that is denim. It is dressier looking than a traditional jean jacket. I wear it over short sleeve and sleeveless dresses instead of a cardigan. I also wear it over a top or tank with skirts or pants but never with jeans. 

Respected Contributor

I don't do it often and never matching. I have a very faded wash denim jacket and I would only wear it with a dark wash jean.  The matched look is too much like those old leisure suits.  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DENIM WITH DENIM

[ Edited ]

I just love denim with denim ... both matching or coordinates.  I'll add interest to the two  pieces with a long scarf or a great turquoise necklace.   Actually, I prefer the medium denim pieces to match.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will wear denim with denim if it's two very different washes but if they are the same, it's a bit much.  But that's just me - I really have no goal to prevent others from wearing what they like!

Denim with denim is sometimes called a Canadian tuxedo.  Woman LOL  

Apparently Bing Crosby was almost prevented from entering some restaurant in Canada because he was wearing a denim jacket and jeans.  Levis heard about it and made him an actual tuxedo from denim.  Or so says the Urban Dictionary.

Anyway, that's why I wish there were more khaki pants.  Khaki pants look so good with denim jackets or denim shirts.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never.... If I'm wearing a denim jacket I won't wear the same colored denim jeans.  I will wear black, olive, khaki denim or knit pants... but  I think it's too weird wearing a denim suit! (top & bottom)....maybe a very light wash jacket with very dark bottoms.