Honored Contributor

I don't care for side zippers

They can be a pain to zip, sometimes. I know they give a cleaner line to clothes

If you aren't  too* chesty *it might not be an issue

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I don't care for side zippers

I also can't use pants with side zippers....broke my shoulder a few years back and the zippers are always on the opposite side!  Luckily i end up going for elastic waists these days anyway.....

Honored Contributor

I really like these pants ,after I can get them zipped. It's an invisible zipper, and they aren't the easiest ones to zip, to begin with, let alone, on the side

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  I no longer like zippers at all!!   The older I get the more comfy I prefer to be, trying to still look stylish of course.

Frequent Contributor

I leave them zipped, and shimmey them up over my hips. Once they’re up, they provide a nice clean line with no extra bulk. 

Honored Contributor

I had side zipper in some of my work slacks. IMO it made for a smoother look in the front. Then the company came out with nice pull on pants which I love. No more zippers if I can help it. (Investments from Dillard’s both styles)

Honored Contributor

@sugar22I did that, and it made a huge difference, but everything isn't made with that much stretch..

Respected Contributor

Side zippers are a pain for me because I have a big belly and large thighs, and they don't have much give. It's a definite no for me.

Honored Contributor

If there's a zipper, I prefer a side zipper.  I don't like front zippers at all - and no longer buy those pants. 

I think I only have two pairs left with a front zipper and they'll probably be gone in the next donation bag.  I lost weight and can get the pants on and off w/o opening the zipper!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind them if I KNOW THEY'RE THERE! lol! A few times I've struggled into a top with a side zip (or not) only to discover the zipper when I'm doing laundry!

"well that would have been helpful if I'd known!' Woman LOL

I can definitely see how they'd be ackward if you had any dexterity issues....