Honored Contributor

I love my med. wash cropped denim jacket. It’s old, broken in and comfie. I wear jeans most of the time, so feel odd wearing this jacket except w/ jeans that are white or black.

How do you feel about denim w/ denim?

Respected Contributor

I will wear denim with denim if the washes or colors are different.  Otherwise it reminds me of the 80s !!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I love denim, but like you I am not comfortable with denim top and bottom;  I have denim bottoms in several colors, but often wear a knit hoodie instead of any of my denim jackets.

When I do wear both, I definitely veer away from a "suit" look.  I just don't love that.

Honored Contributor

I love denim with denim...I think of you as stylish and I am sure that you wear it well.

Honored Contributor

I the denim is the same color, I can't do it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Years ago everyone wore denim with denim, right?  Then I guess it became not the thing to do.  The fashion police decreed it was not a good look to wear denim with denim. 

However, I could be wrong, but I thought I heard someone say that it's "okay" again to wear the same color denim top and bottom.

I'm pretty sure I heard that.

My personal belief is that you should wear what you like. 

Honored Contributor

@dexwrote:

I love denim with denim...I think of you as stylish and I am sure that you wear it well.

@dex  Thanks for the compliment, but this has always puzzled me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I think people style anything and everything to suit their tastes these days.I would assume that what you put with the outfit such as jewelry,shoes and handbags would make it current and add the wow.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DENIM WITH DENIM

[ Edited ]

I love denim with denim. I wear that look often. Different shades of course.

Honored Contributor

I wear denim with denim two different ways:

1.  The shades/washes are different in the top versus the bottom (which is almost always darker on bottom and lighter on top).

2.  The same shade on top and bottom, but then I must have a cool jacket or cardigan (preferrably patterned or textured) over the top.