Super Contributor

How about Nicole Ritchie she is scary thin

Trusted Contributor
On 7/1/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 7/1/2014 GoodStuff said:
On 7/1/2014 winamac1 said:
On 6/30/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 6/30/2014 colliegirls said:

We know Lisa is thin so this girl must be REALLY thin! Wow.

I would not call Lisa thin by any stretch. To my eye she is a very curvy girl. I am surprised at how she often looks so much larger than vendors. Case in point, she is on with Susan Graver right now and earlier when the NuFace vendor was on and then, of course, with Jen Rade.

ITA I think Lisa looks to be of average weight. She is certainly not too thin.

Maybe it would be more accurate to say Lisa appears to be of "optimum" or "healthy" weight. Since the average American woman is now about a size 14-16, Lisa is nowhere near "average" weight! Boy, I'd love to be her size.

As someone who has always admired a straight up and down boyish figure, I point out Lisa's flaws because they mirror mine. She is busty--so am I. She has "healthy" thighs--so do I. She certainly is not overweight, but her body and mine come with challenges and don't always wear clothes as well as someone sans the hourglass physique.

I think it's unfortunate that so many of us buy into the idea that women look best if they're built stick-straight and thin like little boys! There's too much of me in just about every area; I'd benefit from some "downsizing"........but I certainly don't wish that I had no chest, no thighs, no rear.......no womanly shape! Curves are natural and beautiful. It sounds like you have a body to be proud of. Celebrate it!

Super Contributor

I've noticed that swimwear lady is super thin too.

Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 6/30/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 6/30/2014 colliegirls said:

We know Lisa is thin so this girl must be REALLY thin! Wow.

I would not call Lisa thin by any stretch. To my eye she is a very curvy girl. I am surprised at how she often looks so much larger than vendors. Case in point, she is on with Susan Graver right now and earlier when the NuFace vendor was on and then, of course, with Jen Rade.

ITA I think Lisa looks to be of average weight. She is certainly not too thin.

Maybe it would be more accurate to say Lisa appears to be of "optimum" or "healthy" weight. Since the average American woman is now about a size 14-16, Lisa is nowhere near "average" weight! Boy, I'd love to be her size.

As someone who has always admired a straight up and down boyish figure, I point out Lisa's flaws because they mirror mine. She is busty--so am I. She has "healthy" thighs--so do I. She certainly is not overweight, but her body and mine come with challenges and don't always wear clothes as well as someone sans the hourglass physique.

I think it's unfortunate that so many of us buy into the idea that women look best if they're built stick-straight and thin like little boys! There's too much of me in just about every area; I'd benefit from some "downsizing"........but I certainly don't wish that I had no chest, no thighs, no rear.......no womanly shape! Curves are natural and beautiful. It sounds like you have a body to be proud of. Celebrate it!

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what the perfect size is. Each person has their own idea on how slender/heavy they like to be and what their ideal look is.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I don't think she is too thin at all. America has gotten so fat that when we see a woman that is thin and of normal weight (but not anorexic) people start saying she's too thin. That's just rubbish.

Decades ago in my mother's youth, what is thin today was normal back then. What is normal today was overweight and fat back then! Women decades ago were of healthy weights, but they did not bulk themselves up in the gym and, they ate healthier food as well. There were FAR less processed foods back then, than exists today.

Regarding Lisa R, she is by no means "thin". Lisa is an attractive woman, but IMO she is very bulky and she does not have that great of a figure, when you really look at her body type. She works HARD at trying to look feminine and accentuating her positives and buys great fitting designer clothing very tailored to her body to draw the eye away from her bad features and highlight her good ones. Lisa is all about presentation.

Super Contributor

She's thin, but certainly not "I'm concerned" thin.

Esteemed Contributor

Jen Rade looks anorexic thin. Doctors tell you when you're obese, too heavy and tell you to lose weight for your health. The same goes for Jen's thinness: doctors would speak up about loss of monthlys and osteoporosis, gum disease and other illnesses.

Esteemed Contributor
4On 7/1/2014 shoekitty said:

I think Jen is super thin but looks great. I didn't see BRC today, but she totally has stick legs. She is one of the few women who I think is actually too thin! She looks so tiny that I don't know how she finds anything to fit her if it's not specially made.

Doesn't Bobbi Ray have hyperthyroidism, or an endocrine disorder.? She goes between skinny, and bone thin. She can literally have skin covered bones for legs.

I've seen pictures of Bobbi Ray, and she has been that thin throughout all the years. She looks great (heard 60), and I bet she's tried everything to gain a few pounds. Bobbi and Jen go beyond "model" thin. They have as much trouble finding clothes that flatter as their opposites.

Valued Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Trix said:

Instead of her weight, I'm more concerned with what Jen Rade passes off as fashion to her QVC customers. Some of the looks incorporate features we hear her putting designers down for on the spin-off of Project Runway on which she serves as one of the judges.

I'm so glad you pointed it out--Michael Kors does the same thing--knocks a particular line, print or pocket//zipper placement and BINGO--a season or two later you will notice the same thing in his line.

Honored Contributor
On 7/1/2014 Trix said:

Instead of her weight, I'm more concerned with what Jen Rade passes off as fashion to her QVC customers. Some of the looks incorporate features we hear her putting designers down for on the spin-off of Project Runway on which she serves as one of the judges.

Very good point. I once saw her present a poncho top on QVC that she would have raked designers over the coals for presenting on Runway. Especially for a "real women" challenge. I can imagine one of the judges saying, "Just because they're big doesn't mean these women all want to wear tents!" The only upside to the design I could see was that it was very airy and roomy and might be comfortable to wear in an extremely hot climate.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr