Respected Contributor

Re: Cold Ladies- Need a Robe?

@lolakimono Love a wrap long robe~

Honored Contributor

I cannot stand a tie waist robe!  

Super Contributor

Last year I purchased a Barefoot Dreams zip up robe. That thing is cozy and very warm.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful @lolakimono ! It is very difficult to find a nice warm robe in cotton. Lots of polyester but cotton is rare.

Thanks for posting.💕💕💕💕💕

Respected Contributor

The blue is lovely but I prefer a robe that zips up the front.

Respected Contributor

Literally sweating, just looking at that picture. 🥵 but I live in Florida. Even when I lived in the upper Midwest though, I would've sweltered in that thing. Someone mentioned chenille robes-- in December 2000 I got remarried. I came downstairs one morning in my new Stan Herman color block, zip front chenille robe. I asked my new husband what he thought of it. He said "birth control" 🤭😬😂

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

Nice idea, cotton and warm with a hood.  But for me it would have to zip up the front.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

Too bulky for me, looks like an outerwear coat.

@DottieBlue the blue one looks bulkier than the white one even though it's the same robe.  It's kinda like those ads with really cute clothing that looks completely different when you actually get it, and probably doesn't fit either.

I actually like the robe although I never wear the long robe I have had for years.  I will drape it over me sometimes when I lay down.  

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva it's because heat pumps are made to be efficient, but they really only work in moderate temps either way.  Too hot or too cold and they don't work well.  I also hate that they don't put out warm air.  The air condiioner puts out cold air, so why can't the heater put out warm air?  I grew up with gas heat and now have a heat pump.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the style, but I don't like the material on this one. It looks a bit like outerwear to me. I have something very similar but the material is fleece on both sides. Mine doesn't have a hood. I wear mine on cold Sunday mornings when doing my hair and makeup before getting dressed up for church.