Honored Contributor

Re: Cashmere Bralette And Matching Sweater

Nothing to do with her outfit, but if you've never seen Katie in the film "Pieces of April", SEE IT!!!

I watch it around Thanksgiving because, well, it's a Thanksgiving movie.

Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Nothing to do with her outfit, but if you've never seen Katie in the film "Pieces of April", SEE IT!!!

Cat LOL

I love that movie, but, I think it's really Patricia Clarkson and Oliver Platt that seal the deal. Above all, it's the writing, though.

All that apartment stuff is so real and what my friends and I went through in our 20s in the city. It cuts through my heart. I'm definitely drawn to NY-centric movies. Even Barefoot in the Park hits a nerve and I can identify with a lot of it. 

I find Katie Holmes remarkably unremarkable. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Cat LOL

I love that movie, but, I think it's really Patricia Clarkson and Oliver Platt that seal the deal. Above all, it's the writing, though.

All that apartment stuff is so real and what my friends and I went through in our 20s in the city. It cuts through my heart. I'm definitely drawn to NY-centric movies. Even Barefoot in the Park hits a nerve and I can identify with a lot of it. 

I find Katie Holmes remarkably unremarkable. 

I agree that Patricia Clarkson and Oliver Platt are fabulous as is the writing.

But I loved Katie in this movie. Maybe because I related to her and it took me back to my NYC roots.

Respected Contributor

She wants to remind Jamie Foxx of what he's giving up.

Honored Contributor

The rest of us would fabulous in the sweater, but we might button the darn sweater.  I dont like the bralette on her too much.  Looks better with a bra with more support and show off curves.  The angle ithe photo was taken might not have been the best.  But Katie is tall, slender and can get away with a lot

Honored Contributor

2,000 plus tax is a lot for a bralette and sweater.

Respected Contributor

She's wearing cashmere on a warm summer day. The other people in the picture are dressed for heat. Recently she was out and about wearing a turtleneck. From someone who has her own personal heat waves (over and over and over) I'm sweltering just looking at her.

Other than that, I like the sweater (SWEATer is such an appropriate description )

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Katie Holmes became an "accidental influencer" last week when she wore this visible Khaite cashmere bralette ($483) and matching Khaite cashmere sweater ($1,540). The combo quickly sold out.

It's an ad, and apparently very successful. 

I actually still appreciate visually striking and highly posed fashion ads.  They are works of art.