Honored Contributor

Ah @ECBG , you're a "third piece dresser", too?

Honored Contributor

@ECBGI think St. John's has lost ground in both quality and style.  I don't even know who their target buyer is now. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGI think St. John's has lost ground in both quality and style.  I don't even know who their target buyer is now. 

@millieshops 

a few of my moms friends are big st johns buyers......they are between the ages of 70 - 95. it is an entirely different era.....country clubs, garden clubs, charity events, ladies who lunch, fashion shows, and more.

of course, they dont buy to do consignments later. i do know that a few who have passed away have given their items to places like local theaters and local charities who do performances. they like to use them for costuming.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus I've been bring up a few things today from storage.  I'm not buying anything other than natural fibers unless they have a well respected brand name from now on.  No consigner will take them!!!  Not even some items from Chicos!

they will only buy things that they can resell quickly, 

get a reseller account and resell for yourself,  it's not so easy and what you or I think will be a quick sell isn't always 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops   Either little rich "ladies who lunch" in larger cities or the cruise pieces...neither of which will be anytime soon. 

Contributor

I have a friend that only purchased St John and yes she's older. When we would go someplace and she'd say she's wearing jeans, they'd be Set John's . However, she did them justice as she has a model figure. Me nope wouldn't matter what the brand of how much I paid.