Honored Contributor

@Shanus I've been bring up a few things today from storage.  I'm not buying anything other than natural fibers unless they have a well respected brand name from now on.  No consigner will take them!!!  Not even some items from Chicos!

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Shanus

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus I've been bring up a few things today from storage.  I'm not buying anything other than natural fibers unless they have a well respected brand name from now on.  No consigner will take them!!!  Not even some items from Chicos!

@ECBG   Yes, found that out last year clearing out Mom's apartment. Lots of expensive clothing (Chico's included)...some still had tags...consignment not interested. I had to just donate everything!!! Not to sound too snobbish, but "better" clothes last longer, have timeless style and I'd rather purchase less than have a lot of more inexpensive pieces.

When I've really taken a good look at what I give away each season, it's usually inexpensive, impulse purchases. Learned a lesson. Could have had 5-6 good things instead 8 bags of the cwap going to donation. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Great buys online at NM and Nordstrom...both deep discounts and bankruptcy. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Oh my!  So sorry!  Poly anything from anywhere doesn't seem to fare well and any shop for resale.

As far as resale goes, I will never go to a TJ Max or Marshalls unless for home goods.  Same for Stein Mart, unless it's for private life casual, however I can get anything but "home" where I work!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus Oh my!  So sorry!  Poly anything from anywhere doesn't seem to fare well and any shop for resale.

As far as resale goes, I will never go to a TJ Max or Marshalls unless for home goods.  Same for Stein Mart, unless it's for private life casual, however I can get anything but "home" where I work!

@ECBG    I scored my black leather Kors jacket at TJ Maxx and several RL shirts, sweaters or blazers. The trick is finding out what days they get shipments and put new things on the floor. That's the day to shop. OMG, I miss shopping. 😢😢😢😢

Honored Contributor

@ECBGI think the consignment market must be really tough because customers don't want to pay.  Can't say I blame them if there are several decent thrift stores in the area where they can find the same items for far less.

A friend of mine has been complaining for several years now that she can occasionally consig some Prada or Escada or Chanel, but those shops won't take the next level down such as St. John's.    Not my kind of problem.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGI think the consignment market must be really tough because customers don't want to pay.  Can't say I blame them if there are several decent thrift stores in the area where they can find the same items for far less.

A friend of mine has been complaining for several years now that she can occasionally consig some Prada or Escada or Chanel, but those shops won't take the next level down such as St. John's.    Not my kind of problem.

@millieshops I had a co worker that was wild about St. John's.  It's ok but I'm not wild about the style.  She went to the consignment store that I consign with and bought them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Shanus

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops I had a co worker that was wild about St. John's.  It's ok but I'm not wild about the style.  She went to the consignment store that I consign with and bought them.

@ECBG   My Mom had a fair amount of St. John's...not my taste or size. Consignment shops said that line is dated after each season. Everyone who really knows that line won't wear something that's obviously several seasons old. Ta Ta for the rich and famous!!! 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops I have a few pieces (shirts) I love from Chicos.  I use them as the third piece and use one of our tees unless they're the "no iron" cottons.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBG   My Mom had a fair amount of St. John's...not my taste or size. Consignment shops said that line is dated after each season. Everyone who really knows that line won't wear something that's obviously several seasons old. Ta Ta for the rich and famous!!! 

@Shanus Styles come in and they go out.  In twenty years.......Smiley Happy