Honored Contributor

@GingerHead @Little House on the Prairie. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D 

Oh my goodness yes. I loved that show and always wanted a prarie bonnet. Now maybe's my chance to get one. Who knew Amazon sold them! Woman LOL

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Re: CANYON RETREAT

[ Edited ]

The show was just fine.  I like Tess.  She holds her own and has her own sense of humor.  I like Mary, but Mary is so used to being the #1 funny woman.  With Tess, Mary was nearly demure.  It was a cute dynamic.

I liked the CR front slit jeans a lot, so much so that I purchased them.  Didn't see anything else I wanted though.

Dresses are very much on trend this season.  Every brand, not just on QVC, is revving up their dress offerings.  I didn't like the dress Mary was wearing, but I'm not dress shopping anyway.

I don't wear southwestern clothing, but again, I did buy the jeans. I hope they do some nice designs in the fall with some nice sweaters and cardigans that don't scream southwestern.

Honored Contributor

Re: CANYON RETREAT

[ Edited ]

I just watched the presentation of the dress. I've never seen so much phony fawning in my life.

Mary:  I love this dress. 

Emphasizing the word love and lowering her arms with palms down for effect, in the most  unconvincing acting job in the history of the network.

Contributor

Mary thinks she's a comedian.

Honored Contributor
The dress reminded me of the house dresses my mother wore back in the dark ages when I was a little girl.
Respected Contributor

I hope someone gave her a bonus for wearing on tv for all to see. It looked like she gained 10 pounds. Very unattractive on so many levels.

Valued Contributor
Although I wasn't fond of the dress, the sheer stripped jacket looked pretty and I saw a sweater that looked nice. I don't think I would buy anything since I just did a closet purge and really don't need anything.
Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
The dress reminded me of the house dresses my mother wore back in the dark ages when I was a little girl.

@ALRATIBA   I never saw either of my grandmothers in anything other than a dress.  My mom was a lot more stylish....even back in the dark ages....But that dress was not flattering at all.  

Valued Contributor
Forgive me fellow posters I was writing about the dress, and thinking about JT new Studio Park Line...

I don't care for the dress Mary had on. I also don't think the jeans looked good on the vendor with her shirt tucked in.
Unfortunately for me these clothes just didn't appeal to me.