Honored Contributor

Build Your Own Designer Collection

I often see designer collections, where I like one piece a lot, but the rest of the collection doesn't "wow" me.

If I were to build my own collection, from various designers, I would probably choose these (available now) pieces.

Versace Collection leather jacket-

Valentino dress-

Boss dress-

Etro dress-

MIssoni poncho-

Tibi top-

Kenzo sweatshirt-

Salvatore Ferragamo scarf-

Veronica Beard crops-

Frame jeans-

Roberto Cavalli jeans-

Fendi satchel-

Mociun ring-

Alexandre Birman-

Gucci-

Manolo Blahnik-

What items would you put in your build a designer collection?

Honored Contributor

Re: Build Your Own Designer Collection

@lolakimonoI like lots of your choices but as I looked, I had to laugh -  started imagining how far the $5,000 they used to give the woman on What Not to Wear would go toward getting your collection.

Which pieces would you start with for that $5000?

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@lolakimonoI like lots of your choices but as I looked, I had to laugh -  started imagining how far the $5,000 they used to give the woman on What Not to Wear would go toward getting your collection.

Which pieces would you start with for that $5000?

@millieshops

Well, my Valentino dress is $2,850, so that would eat up more than half of my budget.  The Fendi bag IS $5,000.  I would be way over budget just with those two items.  I think the dress is quite elegant.  I would get more wear out of the jeans, probably. The Frame dark denim are $199.  The Roberto Cavalli ones are not in my size.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimonolol --  figured!  By the way -  those jeans along with a great white tee would be perfect with the black leather jacket.

Another aside -  did you happen to hear Isaac this week when he talked about buying fabric and having his T-shirts custom made?  I always knew that schlumpy look of his took heavy bucks to put together.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops

I have heard IM say that.  I will stick with my LLB pima cotton tees.  The leather  jacket is nice, but I'm not really a "black" person.  I would get more wear out of a pink, purple, or aqua one.

I could swap out this Fendi bag, for only $3,450.

Main Image - Fendi DOTCOM Hypnotic Wave Leather Satchel

All of these are from Nordstrom, but I might snoop other places and see if there is anything I would add or swap.  

What about you?  What would you put in your collection?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For starters ... my picks:

Versace jacket ... (already have very similar one)

Etro dress

Missoni poncho (again, actually have this one but colors are slightly different) ... purchased about two years ago, I think.

Fendi satchel

I own a G.I.L.I. leather jacket loosely resembling  Versace's ... I think there are some colors still available:

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Zip-Front-Leather-Jacket-with-Seaming.product.A272883.html?upsh=1&sc=A27...

The lamb leather on this jacket is superb, one of the best I own.

Honored Contributor

Roland Mouret-

Eugene Lace-Trim Drape-Back Top, Fuchsia

Eugene Lace-Trim Drape-Back Top, Fuchsia

Honored Contributor

@lolakimonoActually, I love that jacket, but for me to spend lots of dollars for black is also out of the question.  I'd love it in a rich brown.  My life is wonderfully casual -  so jeans and a top with it accessorized with chunky  beads or in cooler weather, a scarf and I'd be very happy.

Love the striped Fendi -  there are just too many digits in that price!   Even though my mother has been gone for decades now, I can still hear her asking whether I've lost my mind.

I might try the LLB pima again  I used to love them and one year they seemed to have lost quality and I stopped buying from them.  Generally though, I do like pima.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono@millieshops

@lolakimono wrote:

@millieshops

I have heard IM say that.  I will stick with my LLB pima cotton tees.  The leather  jacket is nice, but I'm not really a "black" person.  I would get more wear out of a pink, purple, or aqua one.

I could swap out this Fendi bag, for only $3,450.

What about you?  What would you put in your collection?

That G.I.L.I. jacket I mentioned in my post below comes in some scrumptious colors ...

Honored Contributor

Oscar de la Renta-

Strapless Threadwork-Embroidered Cocktail Dress, Dark Navy/Multi