Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie v Logo

[ Edited ]

@60sgirl wrote:

.  Mackie is more expensive to sew.  If you were to buy the pattern for a Logo piece, it would be in the "Jiffy" or easy section where Mackie silhoutte would be in the skilled area.

now this brought me back to Home EC classes and made me laugh. The Jiffy patterns were about all I could sew. 

***********Loved your post!  Do you remember your teacher's name (just first name!).  I taught over 20,000!

Trusted Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@luvdoodles wrote:

I don't think Bob Mackie and Logo even belong in the same category. I don't even own a piece of Logo, just not my style, but agree that her prices are outragious.

@luvdoodles   Bob 's prices have also gone up considerably so I'd hardly be pointing the finger at LOGO.  I've been buying Bob's things since he first came to QVC and only sold scarves, so I'm quite familiar with his prices.  A269540 would never have started off at $67.50 in years past.   Your statement isn't fair to LOGO if you are buying Mackie.

while all things have gone up as you say, I checked both Bobs show items and Logo's items from 2 shows yesterday. The 67.50 you are referring to of Bob's is a hand embroidered jacket (which he designs and draws first, his talent being part of the price) and a beaded cardigan. In Logo show the highest piece was 91.00 for a shapeless sweater that had a piece of fringe sewed onto it. No design details, no hand work, nothing, just material pulled off a bolt of fabric and sewed up into a top with a piece of something that looks like rick rack sewed over the material. $91 for that? 

Lori was a stylist, someone who dressed other people with other designers clothes who now is into designing but I bet she has no idea how to draw out a flower design or something even more complex, draw in the colors, and have that made into fabric. 

Sorry, but $91 for that top is insulting even to her fans. link

I saw nothing of LOGO's yesterday for $91. Something must have gone up between yesterday and today because $91 was not the price yesterday.  "Shapeless" and "no design details" is your own opinion, and your opinion of LOGO and her clothes is your opinion to which you are entitled, but is one that I don't hold in very high regard.

So yes, you agreed that Bob's prices have gone up, like most prices on QVC.   QVC is a for-profit business - if it can get more for Lori's more stylish  and more popular clothes than Bob's then  more power to it.

Do you read??? (like you like to say to all of us)

She gave you a link? I saw that same top yesterday and NO IT DID NOT GO UP!!  Sputter and justify all you want but you are WRONG!! Deal with  it.

melania.....I couldn't have said it better.  I saw that top and had to check to see if I had my glasses on when I saw the price.   Halston, Louis del 'Olio, Isaac Mizrahi don't even charge prices like that and they are classy.   You cannot compare Bob Mackie, a well known Emmy Award winning designer to the stars to Lori Goldstein, a stylist and designer to no one.  Really.....the woman wore a giant yellow feather head to toe outfit to a big event in NYC with Lisa Robertson a few years ago.  That should tell you something about her style.  

OK Pearley.....I'm waiting and ducking!  Lol

Occasional Contributor

AGREED, I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY & $50 OR MORE FOR A SIMPLE TEE SHIRT OUT OF MY RANGE SO I DO NOT WATCH ANYMORE LOGO, EVERYTHING SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE  NOW A SECOND SHOW!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't own any Bob Mackie either. I have a very casual lifestyle. His line just looks like better quality to me for the prices he charges.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

.  Mackie is more expensive to sew.  If you were to buy the pattern for a Logo piece, it would be in the "Jiffy" or easy section where Mackie silhoutte would be in the skilled area.

now this brought me back to Home EC classes and made me laugh. The Jiffy patterns were about all I could sew. 

***********Loved your post!  Do you remember your teacher's name (just first name!).  I taught over 20,000!

@ECBG Ha! Nope, it was a nun! 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie v Logo

[ Edited ]

@ceejay43 wrote:

AGREED, I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY & $50 OR MORE FOR A SIMPLE TEE SHIRT OUT OF MY RANGE SO I DO NOT WATCH ANYMORE LOGO, EVERYTHING SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE  NOW A SECOND SHOW!!!!

@ceejay43   Well good for you -- don't watch then. There are plenty of shows that don't appeal to me and I don't watch them - easy peasy solution  A simple tee shirt from LOGO  is not out of my price range and I happen to like her styles; why begrudge me and all the viewers who made LOGO so popular a second show of Lori's just because you don't like LOGO?   There's something for everyone on QVC.  Smiley Happy

Is there some particular reason you are SHOUTING AT US in UPPER CASE to make your point? Not cool.

Regular Contributor

Seems like ever since she got a weekly show her prices have really gone up.  I always wonder why he can produce clothing at a reasonable price.

Honored Contributor

@Lainey59 wrote:

Seems like ever since she got a weekly show her prices have really gone up.  I always wonder why he can produce clothing at a reasonable price.

@Lainey59  I don't know,but I would think it is QVC and not the vendors who set the prices that QVC charges for items.

Honored Contributor
QVC sets the price, they are responsible for the mark up, so if you continue to pay it they will continue to charge it.