Esteemed Contributor

The best way for a consumer to show their unhappiness ...is with their purse strings...

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

The best way for a consumer to show their unhappiness ...is with their purse strings...

Very true.  I take the fact that Q keeps adding LOGO shows to its lineup and the sellouts of clothing to mean people are willing to pay the prices being asked. 

Honored Contributor

while all things have gone up as you say, I checked both Bobs show items and Logo's items from 2 shows yesterday. The 67.50 you are referring to of Bob's is a hand embroidered jacket (which he designs and draws first, his talent being part of the price) and a beaded cardigan. In Logo show the highest piece was 91.00 for a shapeless sweater that had a piece of fringe sewed onto it. No design details, no hand work, nothing, just material pulled off a bolt of fabric and sewed up into a top with a piece of something that looks like rick rack sewed over the material. $91 for that? 

Lori was a stylist, someone who dressed other people with other designers clothes who now is into designing but I bet she has no idea how to draw out a flower design or something even more complex, draw in the colors, and have that made into fabric. 

Sorry, but $91 for that top is insulting even to her fans. link

That is called a coatigan, it's not just a top.  It's also dry clean only.  But it looks like a home ec project.  LOL  $91.00 for that seems outrageous given that I paid $89.00 for my knee length winter coat from Lands End.        

Respected Contributor

She can call anything she wants and it still looks like it isn't worth anything near $91. 

That material has been done to death this year. I agree about the home ec project...gone bad. Yuck.

Respected Contributor

Apples vs. Oranges !!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie v Logo

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

while all things have gone up as you say, I checked both Bobs show items and Logo's items from 2 shows yesterday. The 67.50 you are referring to of Bob's is a hand embroidered jacket (which he designs and draws first, his talent being part of the price) and a beaded cardigan. In Logo show the highest piece was 91.00 for a shapeless sweater that had a piece of fringe sewed onto it. No design details, no hand work, nothing, just material pulled off a bolt of fabric and sewed up into a top with a piece of something that looks like rick rack sewed over the material. $91 for that? 

Lori was a stylist, someone who dressed other people with other designers clothes who now is into designing but I bet she has no idea how to draw out a flower design or something even more complex, draw in the colors, and have that made into fabric. 

Sorry, but $91 for that top is insulting even to her fans. link

That is called a coatigan, it's not just a top.  It's also dry clean only.  But it looks like a home ec project.  LOL  $91.00 for that seems outrageous given that I paid $89.00 for my knee length winter coat from Lands End.        

I have no idea what a coatigan is? did someone make that up?

And like you I bought my Lands End Squall coat with double lining inside including fleece for $89 and wear it all the time and am toasty warm, and it's stylish.

ETA: looked up coatigan: From one site it said:

t should be pointed out that a coatigan is something slightly different to a sweater coat, which is a casual, elongated sweater thrown over other clothes and looks very obviously knitted. Acoatigan, by contrast, has a more 'rigid' structure, and details such as leather trims or double-breasted buttons which make it look much more like a conventional coat when viewed from a distance. Of the two, the coatigan is the rather more formal, sophisticated alternative.

doesn't look like a coat from a distance to me.and it's cotton/poly. Really? This could pass as a coat? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie v Logo

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain, I agree with you totally.  In college I designed clothing and taught tailoring among other areas.  The steps to produce Mackie designs involve more detailed work than does Logo.  Almost every piece of a Mackie garment has a work of art with many colors.  Logo, on the other hand, has long fluid lines which are obviously more easily drawn.

Manufacturing costs are driven by complex details.  That's why a blazer for a two year old with brass buttons is so expensive.  Mackie is more expensive to sew.  If you were to buy the pattern for a Logo piece, it would be in the "Jiffy" or easy section where Mackie silhoutte would be in the skilled area.

For what she has I can't see Logo prices either.

Trusted Contributor

.  Mackie is more expensive to sew.  If you were to buy the pattern for a Logo piece, it would be in the "Jiffy" or easy section where Mackie silhoutte would be in the skilled area.

now this brought me back to Home EC classes and made me laugh. The Jiffy patterns were about all I could sew. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

@60sgirl, I wouldn't exactly call that piece a coatigan either.  Maybe in person it feels different than it looks on air. Because on air it looks like a heavier top.  No way does this look like a coat. 

Super Contributor

I wear both designers and infact have mixed their pieces together.