Honored Contributor

Re: Black Yoga pants to the airport?

On 4/3/2014 hulagirl said:

Really, that's the only comfortable thing you have to wear??? Yoga pants are for yoga/workout/sports type of situations. For myself, I'm comfortable when I feel I look my best.

I look great in my yoga pants.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

There are very nice ones available and look a lot nicer than a lot of what I see at the airport.

Frequent Contributor

Perfectly fine!

I fly in them.

Sneaks and a loose top that covers my butt.

Honored Contributor

People wear yoga pants on planes all the time. In Austin, people wear yoga pants everywhere.

Super Contributor

You never know what might happen when you're traveling and you never know who you might run into as it is a small world. You will probably be checking into a hotel and first appearances do count. I think half the fun of traveling is planning the trip which includes what you're wearing and taking along and that if you look nice, you tend to get better service.

I always thank the flight crew as I'm leaving a plane and almost feel like it is better luck to look as good as possible!

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I can't believe this is even a question. Do people really not know how to dress themselves anymore? It's an airplane not a fancy limo. Wear the yoga pants!

Super Contributor

Yes, that is my go-to outfit for plane travel and I wear the straight style, capri length yoga pant in the summer, with a lightweight tank and a tunic or light sweater over. Something easy care so it can be washed/dried for return trip.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 Classique said:

You never know what might happen when you're traveling and you never know who you might run into as it is a small world. You will probably be checking into a hotel and first appearances do count. I think half the fun of traveling is planning the trip which includes what you're wearing and taking along and that if you look nice, you tend to get better service.

I always thank the flight crew as I'm leaving a plane and almost feel like it is better luck to look as good as possible!

I was wondering about the thread anyway. Yoga pants are OK. You want to be comfortable. You see all kind of things. Unless you're on business or are going to be doing something special on the other end, you don't have to dress to impress.

I don't think the crew cares what you wear--as long as you are obnoxious to them. Honestly, dressing up for a flight is what my mother would do and she is 80. They used to do that in the 1950s and 1960s I guess. I can't remember doing it. I did when I was interviewing and meeting the job search committee on the other end.

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2014 sockmonkey said:

In Los Angeles, that is pretty much all anyone wears! I would say absolutely!

Just because everyone else does it does not mean that you should even if you could!

I say no unless you have the perfect figure which almost is non-existant, especially for a woman your age. There are plenty of other pants that are just as comfortable and look so much better. Do you have any ponte knits? If not, try them as I'm sure you will like them.

Imo, sweat pants would look better than yoga pants.

Judging from this sentence, I don't think you know what yoga pants are. Wink

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 JavaQueen said:

I was wondering about the thread anyway. Yoga pants are OK. You want to be comfortable. You see all kind of things. Unless you're on business or are going to be doing something special on the other end, you don't have to dress to impress.

I don't think the crew cares what you wear--as long as you are obnoxious to them. Honestly, dressing up for a flight is what my mother would do and she is 80. They used to do that in the 1950s and 1960s I guess. I can't remember doing it. I did when I was interviewing and meeting the job search committee on the other end.

Some people don't get out much.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 Skylands said:
On 4/3/2014 JavaQueen said:

Some people don't get out much.

Who me? I get out. But this thing about wearing yoga pants on the plane? It's practically a uniform anymore. Dressing up to go on a plane unless you have a specific reason to do so is not necessary. It's very 1950s. BTW, casual doesn't necessarily mean sloppy. That's a different thing.