Super Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams New TSV is Up

I am going to try the petite since I am 5'3".  Now I am debating between the Olive and the Garnet.  I don't have any green so leaning towards that one.  Does anyone know what color the Garnet truly is?  A warm or cool red?

Also, I am debating between medium and large petite.  Sizing seems the same by size charts except length.  I always find their sizing confusing as according to their chart (not actual garment measurements) I should go with a large.  However, a large fits me a little too big.  I think I am going to try a medium petite. 

If anyone has this cardigan, can you please give feedback on sizing and the garnet color??

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TennisCaptain wrote:
I just received my Garnet petite cardigan. It is very nice. I'm 5'2" with long legs. It comes just below my knee.

How about sizing?  Can you give us your size and measurements or retail size for a reference?

What about the Garnet?  Is it s cool red (wine) or more of a warm (rusty red or tomato red) color?

Valued Contributor

@Beeweaver I just posted a picture in the BD fan page of the garnet color since I received this last week. This is not tomato red at all. I don’t do well with tomato reds.
Super Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
@BeeweaverI just posted a picture in the BD fan page of the garnet color since I received this last week. This is not tomato red at all. I don’t do well with tomato reds.

can you post a link?

Super Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
@BeeweaverI just posted a picture in the BD fan page of the garnet color since I received this last week. This is not tomato red at all. I don’t do well with tomato reds.

I saw the picture but hard to still tell.  Is it a cranberry?

Valued Contributor

@Beeweaver I would say it’s more red than cranberry but definitely in the family. I’ve had my garnet xs petite cardigan now for a few days and the more I wear it the more I love it. This is really a nice made garment. The ribbing detail is very nice and feels good on. I’m even thinking of another color but unsure of which one to get.
Super Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
@BeeweaverI would say it’s more red than cranberry but definitely in the family. I’ve had my garnet xs petite cardigan now for a few days and the more I wear it the more I love it. This is really a nice made garment. The ribbing detail is very nice and feels good on. I’m even thinking of another color but unsure of which one to get.

I think I NEED the garnet AND the olive.  I have been vacillating between the two.  So, I think I will just pull the trigger on both!  I have a burgandy in the cozy chic island wrap but I think it will be different than the garnet.  I have nothing in the green tones at all and I consider olive to be a neutral.  

Valued Contributor

@Beeweaver The garnet is definitely a pretty red. I don’t have anything red except for the rosewood and that is a way different tone possibly even in the berry type family. The color reminds me of a sangria red color. I do love it. I would also grab the olive as well however I just received the olive notch blazer in the mail yesterday and love that. I am thinking maybe taupe or ash however I do have a lot of grey cardigans.
Super Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
@BeeweaverThe garnet is definitely a pretty red. I don’t have anything red except for the rosewood and that is a way different tone possibly even in the berry type family. The color reminds me of a sangria red color. I do love it. I would also grab the olive as well however I just received the olive notch blazer in the mail yesterday and love that. I am thinking maybe taupe or ash however I do have a lot of grey cardigans.

Do you love that olive color?  It looks more of a yellowish green, correct?

Respected Contributor

@Beeweaver @Lucylu12 @equss @IlliniGirl88 

No.

It is Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 8.02.29 AM.pnga fabulous green.