Super Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams New TSV is Up

@1Professor wrote:

@Beeweaver @Lucylu12 @equss @IlliniGirl88 

No.

It is Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 8.02.29 AM.pnga fabulous green.

So that reads a warm green rather than a cool green to me.  What do you see?

Respected Contributor

@Beeweaver It reads a “warm” green to me also. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Beeweaver 

I have the olive blazer cardi. I've been playing with different colors and find that this color can pull cool or warm depending what you pair with it. With cool tone taupes, in a variety of light to darker shades, it's definitely cooler. Same with greys and various shades of green, from a cool dark forest green to a very dark olive with a grey undertone. There's is some yellow in this color but not too much like I've seen or own in other olive garments. In no way would I describe this as sallow next to the face (I'm a neutral light/med complexion with salt n pepper hair) and can't wear anything that'll wash or wane with my hair and skin tones. I like the versatility this color provides for me with my wardrobe. This is a midtone olive and a very nice color. If you absolutely want an extremely cool toned olive, this may not satisfy your needs. Yet, I do feel and see so many ways to wear this new BD color. 

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Beeweaver 

I have the olive blazer cardi. I've been playing with different colors and find that this color can pull cool or warm depending what you pair with it. With cool tone taupes, in a variety of light to darker shades, it's definitely cooler. Same with greys and various shades of green, from a cool dark forest green to a very dark olive with a grey undertone. There's is some yellow in this color but not too much like I've seen or own in other olive garments. In no way would I describe this as sallow next to the face (I'm a neutral light/med complexion with salt n pepper hair) and can't wear anything that'll wash or wane with my hair and skin tones. I like the versatility this color provides for me with my wardrobe. This is a midtone olive and a very nice color. If you absolutely want an extremely cool toned olive, this may not satisfy your needs. Yet, I do feel and see so many ways to wear this new BD color. 

Thanks for the info!  I ordered both the garnet and the olive.  I didn't want to miss out.  I'm a dark brunette with a lighter skin tone with pink undertones (a winter).  So, I want to give the olive a try. I generally don't do well with anything with a yellow undertone so that is why I was wondering about the olive.  So, we shall see.  I can always pair it with black or ecru.  I love the style of this so hope it works for me.  I ordered  both in medium petite as I usually weare a S/M ( I'm a retail medium and 5'3").  I'm hoping they both work as I can see them being worn at school a ton this fall and winter.

Esteemed Contributor

@Beeweaver 

My pleasure and I hope you'll be happy with both the size and colors you've ordered. I'd also suggest playing with your lip and cheek color if a shade doesn't immediately pop or 'happen' for you. This can make quite a big difference. I experienced this with the BD Faded Rose color. When first trying it, I practically disappeared, then with changing up my lippies and cheeks it sprang to life. A huge improvement which turned out to be quite flattering and now this shade has become a favorite. 

The recently offered BD Spruce is very cool toned. An unusual name for this shade as it has alot if grey in it and isn't very spruce-like to me. (as compared to the many real life spruce varieties in my yard) Nonetheless, an interesting color that keeps my color creativity active. Did you happen to see the slew of pics I'd posted on the BD Fan Chat thread? There's a bunch of ideas, many very stylized and $$$ but it's the color combos that really caught my attention. I've been playing in my closet, pulling colors I usually wouldn't pair, from various shades in the same family to stark contrasts in pale to rich deeper shades. I've had a ball doing this. Often just a belt, scarf or purse brought it all together with a new and different look. Try various shades in the orange to red, wines and purple-violets with greens. These all can play very well together. Or reverse with the Garnet. Experiment. Stepping out of the box can be pleasantly surprising. Have some fun! I do regret missing the Rosewood that was leftover from the prior tsv. I had it in my cart and waited too long. 😫

Super Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Beeweaver 

My pleasure and I hope you'll be happy with both the size and colors you've ordered. I'd also suggest playing with your lip and cheek color if a shade doesn't immediately pop or 'happen' for you. This can make quite a big difference. I experienced this with the BD Faded Rose color. When first trying it, I practically disappeared, then with changing up my lippies and cheeks it sprang to life. A huge improvement which turned out to be quite flattering and now this shade has become a favorite. 

The recently offered BD Spruce is very cool toned. An unusual name for this shade as it has alot if grey in it and isn't very spruce-like to me. (as compared to the many real life spruce varieties in my yard) Nonetheless, an interesting color that keeps my color creativity active. Did you happen to see the slew of pics I'd posted on the BD Fan Chat thread? There's a bunch of ideas, many very stylized and $$$ but it's the color combos that really caught my attention. I've been playing in my closet, pulling colors I usually wouldn't pair, from various shades in the same family to stark contrasts in pale to rich deeper shades. I've had a ball doing this. Often just a belt, scarf or purse brought it all together with a new and different look. Try various shades in the orange to red, wines and purple-violets with greens. These all can play very well together. Or reverse with the Garnet. Experiment. Stepping out of the box can be pleasantly surprising. Have some fun! I do regret missing the Rosewood that was leftover from the prior tsv. I had it in my cart and waited too long. 😫

I do love clothes and have a ton to play with.  I work at Chico's on the weekends so I get my fill of playing with clothes.  LOL!  The pale colors just do nothing for me no matter what I do.  But, I have paired them with more saturated tones like a pale blush with a cranberry and do love that!  I really am looking forward to receiving my two cardigans.  I'll report back when I receive them.  Smiley Happy