Frequent Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams..I thought the price was incorrect

What is the item number for the upcoming barefoot dreams TSV?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

there are many of us who know and love this brand and continue to buy it.

it is well worth the price......nice to be able to get it on sale, but i have spent full price on some of the items. it is also carried in nordstrom.

I agree. Heart love Barefoot Dreams Heart 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I preordered the TSV and love it!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Quse  Maybe, but maybe not.  There are many levels of poly -  some excellent, some garbage.  But -  there's cotton I wouldn't bring into my closets and silk and wool and any other fabric you can name.  It's not the name of the fabric that counts.  It's the piece of fabric actually used.

This is not an endorsement of Barefoot Dreams' poly -  I've bever seen it in person so I have no idea.  I just know I can take myself to the luxury mall nearest my home and buy a poly blouse with a price tag above $400.  Unless you're incredibly fabric knowledgeable or maybe designer informed, you'd never know it's not expensive silk. 

I totally disagree - polyester is polyester. It is all manmade by melting plastic and running the liquid plastic thru an extruder which makes it into threads- those are then woven or knitted into fabric. The profit on poly fabric must be tremendous. 100% poly is hot and uncomfortable to wear because it does not breathe. Anyone can tell poly from silk at a glance. IMO it would be extremely foolish to pay $400 for a polyester blouse. If you like it - buy it. Who cares - but you are truely fooling yourself if you think anyone sees it and thinks it is silk.

Honored Contributor

i completely disagree that polyester is always hot and uncomfortable to wear.....and it can easily mimic finer fabrics, especially when done well.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I preordered the TSV and love it!

@winamac1

i am trying to not buy anything for myself this month......i have too many gifts to buy.......but knowing me i will probably cave. LOL Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I don't like big and boxy and that's exactly what this garment is.  Not worth the money whatsoever.  

Honored Contributor

Barefoot Dreams fabrics is what sets the brand apart from others. Excellent quality. And sooooo soft, comforting. They offer different fabrics/blends. Some are lighter weight.

The lounge pants are on my wish list. Would love them or the pj's to be a TSV

FABRICATIONS

CozyChic Image
CozyChic HeadingOUR ONE OF A KIND COZYCHIC® FABRICATION HAS BEEN A FAN FAVORITE FOR YEARS. OUR ICONIC, MACHINE WASHABLE KNIT PROMISES WARMTH AND COZINESS FOR ALL TO ENJOY. MADE FROM 100% POLYESTER MICROFIBER.
Luxe Ribbed Image
Luxe Ribbed HeadingEXPERIENCE THE FLUIDITY AND COOLNESS OF OUR MACHINE WASHABLE LUXE RIBBED JERSEY KNIT. THIS ULTRA FINE RAYON/SPAN KNIT IS STYLED IN RELAXED FIT SILHOUETTES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR EVERYDAY LOUNGING.
CozyChic Lite Image
CozyChic Lite HeadingA LUXURIOUS, BUTTERY SOFT KNIT DESIGNED FOR ALL SEASONS. THIS ULTRA FINE, MACHINE WASHABLE FABRIC IS SPUN FROM NYLON AND RAYON FROM BAMBOO.
Malibu Collection Image
Malibu Collection HeadingEXPERIENCE THE FLUIDITY AND COOLNESS OF OUR MACHINE WASHABLE LUXE RIBBED JERSEY KNIT. THIS ULTRA FINE RAYON/SPAN KNIT IS STYLED IN RELAXED FIT SILHOUETTES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR EVERYDAY LOUNGING.
CozyChic Ultra Lite Image
CozyChic Ultra Lite HeadingOUR NEWEST ADDITION TO COZYCHIC, IT'S NOT ONLY ULTRALITE BUT OH SO SOFT, COZY AND BEAUTIFUL, AVAILABLE IN CALIFORNIA COASTLINE HUES.
Plush Image
Plush HeadingTHE IRRESISTIBLE SOFTNESS OF OUR PLUSH COLLECTION IS HEAVENLY TO HOLD. COMPRISED OF MACHINE WASHABLE FINE COTTONS AND POLYESTERS.
Luxe Milk Jersey Image
Luxe Milk Jersey HeadingTHE LUXE MILK JERSEY FABRICATION IS AN ARRAY OF MODAL, ACRYLIC FROM MILK FIBER AND SPANDEX THAT IS BLISSFULLY SOFT AND SOOTHING TO THE SENSES.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i completely disagree that polyester is always hot and uncomfortable to wear.....and it can easily mimic finer fabrics, especially when done well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we both stated ours.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45

ITA

I had a manager who had a closet full of St. John suits...

$1000+ a pop.  They are made of mostly manmade materials.

Beautiful, tailored knits...so pretty.