Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@rochelleS Oh, dear me....what am I to do? Okay, here is the scoop and conundrum.

UPS delivered them both yesterday. The driver was so apologetic because it was late in the day and he said "I know how you like to get your QVC el pronto!" And then he proceeds to tell me about his day. Well, you know UPS drivers like to stop, drop, and leave; but this one just wanted to tell me about how his day started. I'm smiling and thinking, I really want to get in the house and try these on!

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y he leaves and I dash in and rip open the bag. Here is where my conundrum comes in. The Medium, which is my normal size, is PERFECT; however, I wouldn't wear this cardi if the weather is hot, so of course I am going to have something under it, like a pullover sweater (can we say slouchy? Or one of the Linea winter tops). And then it would be a bit tight in the arms, and the open in the front would be a tad wider.

I put on the Large and the coverage over the body is fine; not too big. The arms are a bit longer, which I normally don't mind. It drops about an inch over the wrist. But it looks more like a cardigan than a blazer when it is larger.

@rochelleS  I'm not going to try to compete with your description of this piece (well, all your descriptions of anything, even the weather, are hard to beat! ha!). What I love is how it looks in the Medium, how it lays.....looks more like a blazer in the Medium on me than the Large, which just looks like a regular cardigan because of the extra material.

Grrrrr, what to do, what to do.

Of course, like most of you I do LOVE this "blazer" look. It is lovely. It lays well on the body, and the double thickness is awesome. Not double thickness like their regular heavy cardigans we have all gotten in the past, one of which was a TSV last winter. This is a totally new/better look, more classic I would say.

@rochelleS I'm think that with my 11 Linea hi-low ombre tops, this blazer would be a good companion because of the lightness of this particular Linea top. However, the "low" of the "hi-low" would probably stick out and make it not as chic. Did I tell you that I returned the Linea Blue and Azure? Too much like the other blue/peacock I have. Smiley Sad

So, again, what to do, what to do. 

This weekend I will try on various tops that I would normally wear in the winter and see how it works with the two sizes. I'm thinking that the winter top would need to be either thinner than normal or have to be sleeveless, like the Linea turtleneck pieces.

I do wish the decision was more forthright and I didn't have to think about it. Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler  You could wear it with sleeveless tops I guess. I hate it when  you don’t know about an item.  Lately I’ve been telling myself if I don’t love  it return it. I actually went back and forth on my last bd order. It was the ultra lite joggers.... the size that fit showed panty lines but size up just didn’t look good on me.   I finally returned because I knew I wouldn’t wear them even though I loved color and fabric.  It did tak me a few days to face the decision thoSmiley Happy.  I sympathize with your dilemma!!!!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  Based on what you’ve said, I think the medium appeals to you most. It is weighted, as you already know, so wearing a thinner top, even in cooler weather, I think will work just fine. Let us know what you decide. It’s certainly a beautiful piece.

BD ladies.....I was able to put the Taupe on waitlist several days ago. 🤞🏻 (It’s on it’s way to me in the black and indigo also. 🤫)

Oh boy! I’m in trouble if the Big Deal and TSV are good. 🙈

I do have some bad news to share. I had to return my roll neck pullover in silver. I had the dreaded shedding problem. It was all over my seatbelt, my jeans, you name it. I went through several lint roll sheets at work throughout the day. My rosewood and black seem okay, thankfully. This is the first time I’ve experienced the shedding in this fabric. Previous was only in the ULTRA lite. The similarity though is that the shedding has ALWAYS been for me in the light colors (silver, oyster, sea salt). I wish I knew why bc I love all those light colors. I wear dark colors and like the contrast of the light on top. I hope no one else finds this with their recent BD purchases. ☹️

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@World Traveler  Based on what you’ve said, I think the medium appeals to you most. It is weighted, as you already know, so wearing a thinner top, even in cooler weather, I think will work just fine. Let us know what you decide. It’s certainly a beautiful piece.

BD ladies.....I was able to put the Taupe on waitlist several days ago. 🤞🏻 (It’s on it’s way to me in the black and indigo also. 🤫)

Oh boy! I’m in trouble if the Big Deal and TSV are good. 🙈

I do have some bad news to share. I had to return my roll neck pullover in silver. I had the dreaded shedding problem. It was all over my seatbelt, my jeans, you name it. I went through several lint roll sheets at work throughout the day. My rosewood and black seem okay, thankfully. This is the first time I’ve experienced the shedding in this fabric. Previous was only in the ULTRA lite. The similarity though is that the shedding has ALWAYS been for me in the light colors (silver, oyster, sea salt). I wish I knew why bc I love all those light colors. I wear dark colors and like the contrast of the light on top. I hope no one else finds this with their recent BD purchases. ☹️

@AmericanBulldogMom    Thanks for the shedding warning! My roll necks still haven't arrived. But I hate shedding, so may just send the silver back . . .

Respected Contributor

@1Professor I REALLY hope you (and everyone else) do NOT receive any shedders. I have no idea why this has only happened with the light colors for me. I did compare the silver to the black and indigo and the only thing that I could see was that it seemed to not be knitted as tight as the others. Almost like it was slightly “fluffier” than my other 2. Not sure if that is why it shed or not. It’s gorgeous though, so I really hope yours is perfect!! 🤞🏻

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler 

I'm on my way, dear friend, and if I make all the lights will be there in four days! Wouldn't that be a hoot, lol...meanwhile I've been thinking and playing around .

But first, the sizes. This is a cardi, a blazer styled cardi, a very stylish, cool weather, classic sweater. How you'll be most comfortable wearing it and what you'll be wearing under it or over it (does it get that cold in your part of CA?) I do wonder if the sleeves can be blocked a tad larger? Has anyone done this? That would alleviate a concern with layering a long sleeve sweater. Only you can determine what size is best. It does sound like the medium is your first impression choice. What if you'd only gotten the med, would you be 100% satisfied?  Don't overthink, walk away if need be and take a break.

Personally,  a thinner garment underneath is what my eye sees. Nothing to bulk up the crisp clean lines of this gorgeous garment. Here's some Linea items that you may own that I think would be perfect. I did not include his cotton or blend wing collared shirts. Play with your admirable collection of ombres and let me know how that works for you  too. Some pics for your pleasure... just remember Q pics are often mediocre. 

This grren was best pic but B&W + other choices available. This list is long but by no means all inclusive of Linea options♡.

Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-48-58-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-52-34-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-53-25-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-53-49-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-54-13-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-54-54-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-56-51-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-59-00-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-15-00-31-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-10-15-02-12-1.png

This and the two other colors are drop dead gorgeous in person!!!

Do you own any of these? If not I'm happy to share size and fit info if desired.

Do you wear dresses or skirts? Or mostly pants? A sheath dress would be very sharp. Maybe the BD midi too. A pencil skirt, stunning. A languid trouser pant or these faux suede ankle pants. All good. Totally excluding casual clothes for the moment.

Screenshot_2019-08-10-15-34-02-1.png

Horrible pic of this gorgeous, languid trouser pant. Like a lightweight gabardine. Black and a super pretty taupe which works w the Taupe blazer cardi. One length only, unfortunately. Hemming required for us shorties.

Screenshot_2019-08-10-15-35-56-1.png

Fabulous!!!!! Available in regular length too. Limited sizes. Black, dk forest green and Caramel. The green works w the Spruce rollneck! 

Screenshot_2019-08-10-15-33-30-1.png

Another fabulous pant!!! A beautiful ponte. White and navy. One 32"length only. No petite option. It's the buyers that do this not Louis. Btw, recently LTS or PTS priced at $35 and change within past 14 days.

Ok, you've  probably been playing in your closet @World Traveler , what have you come up with so far 🤔😚💖?

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom 

Congrats on snagging the taupe blazer cardi. That's some super stalking on your part. I truly look forward to hearing your impression of the color! And of course you'll love the black and Indigo. How could you not!!!

I have a theory, or probably just a good guess about the light colors and their shedding. When I mentioned to Alissa at BD CS how the taupe blazer cardi just shimmered and glistened silver like in the  bright sunlight, she stated that was intentional with some of their lighter colored garments. Ding, ding, ding...I now can't help but to wonder if these colors are possibly treated differently, to create that effect, than the darker color options? Hmmmm, kind of sounds plausible, doesn't it! Especially since you've had this happen with only your lighter colored purchases. I have not noticed shedding with my taupe, but haven't driven in it. It's too hot here to wear it out and about yet. I will report back if I notice anything. I do think the double knit may keep it from shedding though.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor 

I want to say I can't believe your rollneck pieces haven't arrived yet...but I can believe it and I'm so sorry to hear they're still in route. Big bummer. Hopefully Monday? Is your tracking updating? My CA order tracking drops out of sight for a four to six days while making the cross country trek. Sometimes it's taken 10 frustrating days to get to MI. 😩

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS @AmericanBulldogMom @World Traveler @equss 

My rollneck sweaters (ordered DURING the show!):

EDD 8-9 (yesterday)

Tracking now shows: Lingering in Hodgkins.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS Hmmm! That is interesting what you have said regarding BD csr and their lighter colors. I do also wonder then if the “process” used on the lighter colors sometimes allows for shedding. It’s obviously not every light colored garment, but maybe on occasion some are affected?? Interesting thought! 

As for snagging the taupe blazer cardi on waitlist.....I was shamelessly stalking the heck outta that thing. 😂 I completely blame that on you!! 😉 Hoping to be a proud owner in the near future. Ha! Ha!

@1Professor  This is ridiculous! I also ordered the day of presentation and received it in 3 days!! We are not too far from each other ether. Frustrating!!

Edited to add: Oops! @1Professor, sorry I misread. I thought you were in MI. It’s @rochelleS that is. (I’m in WI.)