Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I tried my best to describe this taupe color for you and others who had expressed an interest in knowing more about the actual shade in person. The more I played with it in multiple lighting the more amazed and enamored I became. This is a beauty. Not only in color but the style. It really #!$$€$ me off that the host failed to focus on the specific colors and size info on air. It would have been nice to have seen the new greens side by side and an explanation of their differences too. We have to rely on each other here for what should be provided at the point of sale. BD CS is very helpful yet as experienced, color description can be very subjective. I am so sorry you and others missed getting this color. I hope inventory will be restocked and not solely dependant on returns. There certainly is enough interest! 

I'm still considering the graphite. Do you think it would look ok with carbon? I'm on the fence at the moment and actually put the black med on checkhold. Barring the sleeve length, I think I could get by with the size. I'm going to sleep on it. Eenie meenie mighty.....

Do you wear hooded ponchos? Asking cuz the Point Dume poncho has been recently featured at an additional PTS markdown, $72, this past week. It's beefy and very cozy for your WI temps. I'd ordered the plus one size and loved it. Am waiting for the regular one size exchange as the length was a bit much for me. Nice garment. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS As always, your descriptions of ANYTHING are worthy of an award!

Great details and I am pleased to know that it sort of morphs into different shades, depending upon what you are wearing with it.

My black medium/large is still sitting over on the east coast after going a few miles from the warehouse. Grrrrr! Just want to get the black, to check size before getting the Taupe, which right now is not even available. Hopefully, they will get more in, even if it is for more money.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom @Pecky 

@rochelleS @World Traveler @equss @iceberg @Moondance @illinois8 & all

Okay, in addition to my new beloved OLIVE, I went ahead and ordered the wonderful blazer in BLACK, the only one left in Medium. 

I wear black a lot, it is beautiful texture, and I love the collar. (I just didn't NEED another black blazer.)

Smiles to all,

happy dance.

@1Professor Neither do I, but..........what can I say? The black is on its way to me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS I plan to do just that....get the Taupe, as soon as I know which one of the black blazers I got (medium and in large) works best for me; AND when they get some more of the Taupe in, even if it costs me more.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS I love, love, love the Rosewood. I have another cardi (TSV last winter) in the Rosewood. It is so beautiful! So glad you enjoy it too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS It’s very obvious the time you put into making sure your reviews are accurate and honest. I know everyone here really appreciates it. We do rely on and need each here for advice and help. 

I think the graphite will look great with carbon. Ironically, I wore it over their slub knit tee in carbon today. 😉 It will go well with lots of colors. I see it as a very versatile color. 

I do not own any ponchos, believe it or not. I will take a look. Thank you for thinking of me and mentioning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler 

Thank you for your generous compliments.  You really are too kind.💖

I spoke w Alissa from BD CS today. She was interested in how I liked the new taupe blazer cardi. When I mentioned how the colors morphed and how it glistened in the sunlight, she stated that was their intention with some of the lighter shades. This brand and the focus on colors in nature makes me think and feel. I went to the times the air feels still and thick as the sun rises or falls. Colors feel three dimensional and quiver as light moves over and around. Ebbing or flowing as the day lights then wanes. It's magical and mystical and utterly magnificent to experience. There's something to be said for this chameleon of a taupe. Saw it myself, in front of my eyes, in my hands it changed. Beyond cool! The rich rosewood and smoky spruce, the dark blues, grays and inky black are all around us, in varying tones as light changes, like music to my eyes. I've never had such thoughts provoked by clothing brand. It's utterly amazing...

I hope your black quits piddling around on the east coast. Its so frustrsting. I'd love to see you get the taupe and see for yourself it's little magical mystery tour of hues. Giddy up ups truck! 

Contributor

I love the rosewood color too!

And now, after all of your lovely descriptions, I am thinking I need something in the taupe and olive too!! I can't wait to see what the Big Deal  is going to be.....anybody have an idea?

I have quite the collection now, and it keeps growing...and growing!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I'd like to stand corrected on the hooded poncho I'd previously mentioned. It is not hooded but a generous turtle styled neckline. So much so that I pulled it up as a hoodie, which was just adorable, I also was able to style it as a cowl too. Or scrunched as a t neck or folded over more conventionally. I like the options. It's beefy and definitely a cooler/cold weather garment. The lower price was featured on 8-4 and I'm certain cs would honor it for 30 days, per Q price matching policy. 

Screenshot_2019-08-04-14-13-49-1-1.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler 

Any updates on your two black blazer cardis? I just got home and see my olive arrived from CA. I haven't opened it yet. I'll post back later...