Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Fan Chat 2019

@Joizz11  Personally, I have two slouchys in a size up because at the time many of the things I was getting of BD needed to be sized up. They fit fine a size up, but the next five I got were my true size and I like them better that way. 

If I am wearing them on their own, then I like the sized-up ones better because they are very casual looking. When I want to wear one of them under a jacket for work, then I wear my true size so there isn't as much extra material under the jacket or in the arms.

Hope that helps. Perhaps @Lucylu12 will have a different take on it.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler thank you that helps!!
Trusted Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
@Lucylu12does the slouchy pullover run large? I may have to get one or two 😂😂

I definitely wouldn’t size up. I think it is quite roomy. A bit oversized but not big. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler 

Long day, a good day though. I'm tired and starting to get a little cross eyed from looking at many BD videos, checking availability and reading reviews. Phew. I do like the hooded long cardi you'd mentioned, A293840 Cozy Chic Lite Essential Long Cardi. Adorable. I favor the rose pink color. I'll keep my eye on that one.

I checked another hoody w kangaroo pockets that is nice plus the slouchy pullover that you ladies are quite pleased with too. I'm liking the pants alot also. We'll actually what's not to like? I'll have to determine some priorities and a process of elimination. I have a birthday coming up so that'll be my excuse, er, gift(s).

I saw many comments about shedding in the reviews. What I did notice was most did not comment on the color purchased in their complaint. While their were several that stated no such problem, with a few indicating the color purchased. I think it's useful to share more specific information while writing a review. Good or bad. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:
@World Traveler yep it is the BF CozyChic Ultra lite slouchy pullover I have been eying up. I do think I need at least one. I have one of the BF CozyChic lite resort Cardis with the hood in HE Indigo/stone and wow is it nice. I have on the way 2 more coming my way in the HE graphite/stone and HE Black/graphite and I am so excited to receive them.

@rochelleSI would say the pearl is a muted off white color almost light silver. It’s an unusual color but very pretty neutral. It is not white at all. I hope that helps. It can go with anything I feel.

@Joizz11 

Thank you! Yes, your description does help me. ♡♡♡

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS I don’t write online reviews, but I, for the 1st time have experienced the shedding that people complain of. It was the most recent raglan sleeve kangaroo pocket crew neck top that everyone’s loving. I got it in Chambray and the Pearl. The Chambray was fine, the Pearl shed all over everything!! It was horrible and almost embarrasing the fuzz flying all over (and on my dark pants).  I had to keep pulling it out of my dark hair also. Disappointing bc the pearl was gorgeous.

Here’s 2 pics I snapped of my black seat belts w/ fuzz all over it.

951A1AB6-5B3E-41A3-B038-61D557263CB5.jpeg7ECFC3A0-773D-4AB4-ADB0-13C7567F32D0.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@World Traveler @AmericanBulldogMom @1Professor and Everyone Else!

Wow, Wow and WOW, I just received the raglan sleeved sweater with the kangaroo pocket in the dark grey and I'm totally flipping right out. Talk about tactile, this lightly textured sweater is so soft and deliciously cozy. Feels like cashmere. It's just so scrumptious! I'm truly starting to really appreciate the love you all have for this and other Barefoot Dream garments. This one really hooked me 💓.

I ordered the medium. It fits fine but the sleeve is snug. I reviewed the video and see a tighter sleeve on everyone. I guess that's the fit, eh? I do not have skinny arms, btw. Has anyone gone up two sizes? It'd be a more slouched look which would be ok also, (?). I don't see too much of a difference in the click here measurements. I'd appreciate any comments or feedback.

I am interested in another color (or two) and the blue chambray, rose pearl and the silver pearl are my contenders. I feel that little hook, dangling over me... Enable me, my friends. ♡♡♡

I love it so much I eneded up with 4 colors. The Blue, Green, Rose and the Silver. Love everything about it. Going up a size shouldn’t be a problem but the sleeves relax a bit after you wear it a while. I also have 5 colors in the slouchy pullover. I love the slouchy pullover but the Raglan is my favorite of the two, but I will get to wear the Slouchy more times throughout the year because it is not as warm as the Raglan.

@Lucylu12 

Does the rose have more "rose" color than the recent tsv shrug...which to me really wasn’t what I'd call Faded Rose. That shade seems like a wispy faint hint of mauvey purple to my eye. 

I was very comfortable and cozy warm wearing the Raglan today. It was dreary, damp and rainy. This sweater was the perfect choice but I like the idea of a lighter weight top for cool non wintery weather. 

Thanks for your comments,  much appreciated!  ♡♡♡

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom 

Thank you! Good to know this and it looks like you had a mess. I like the whites, ice or whatever BD calls these shades, plus they're an easy addition to the wardrobe but I keep thinking about my black cat. Picking fuzzies and cat hair off a white garment isn't too appealing. 🙈. I'm leaning toward the chambray and going up in size for a more slouched look and probably the pink, but undecided if I'll size up. From what I've read, some colors shed alot. Hopefully, I can avoid that issue. Tks again. ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS While I don't doubt anyone saying they had a problem with their item shedding, I have never had that happen. I own so, so many of the BD items that could shed, but haven't. I have no explanation for why some people are experiencing this.

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS I also see some reviews regarding the shedding. I have a large collection going with BF and even bought 3 of the raglan sweaters with no problem with anything. I’m unsure if it’s just some that do that and others that don’t.