Honored Contributor

Re: BRUTAL REVIEWS ON THE D&C. DENIM JEANS TSV LAST MONTH

Anyone (reviews) mention the confusion re:  the names of the colors?

Hopefully all received their chosen color.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

@ROMARY Sadly, I did not receive my chosen color.  I listened to most of the presentations and finally ordered based on Carolyn & Gary's discription of wash, (it's still on the item presentation video).  They determined dark wash was like the rest of wash colors, in that it was whispering and had contrast stitching.  Black & indigo were supposed to be solid colors.  Based on that I ordered dark wash - and yes, it is a very dark jean, almost black. 

I have several black denim jeans, also a very nice pair of dark solid indigo Lori Felt Silky Denim with actual 2 inch hems.  Very finished and very dressy for jeans. 

I contacted the social team this morning, and was told I could return them or ask for an exchange, but they couldn't speed up the exchange so I would probably be left without any jeans to exchange in my size.  So I'm keeping them, but I'm not as thrilled as I was.  They do fit me well though, which is the only reason I'm keeping them. 

I may actually try to mix a light amount of bleach in a bucket of water and soak them for a little while to see if they lighten up a little.  Or I was looking at my grandmothers vintage wash board (the corrigated metal one) hanging on my wall in my laundry room.  I used to help her wash grandpa's overalls, (or at least the knees) with a bar of white soap.  Maybe I can add a ittle worn look to them that way.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I love mine! 

They fit me perfectly. I went down a size because of the stretch and I'm glad I did. 

@SilleeMee  Good to know...very relieved! I ordered down a size too - a pair of the tall/black/size 6. I was on waitlist for awhile and it went in 'preparing your order' mode earlier today Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I went down one size, so maybe that is why they fit so well.  I just read the measurements instead of relying on my regular sizing.  I was concerned, but when I received them, I was really pleased. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Item number?  I just received a pair that I like a lot, but not sure they were a TSV.

Contributor

@Teddixat, I stand by what I said regarding the reviews. I actually think we are both correct in our assessments. I went back and read them again after I read your comment.  I only read the comments on the tall version of the jeans initially where the average was 3.5 which isn't terrible. You read the comments on the petite version where the average was 2.3 as you stated.  There were definitely more positive reviews of the tall version. Out of 21 reviews, 8 were 5 stars, 3 were 4 stars, 5 were 3 stars, 2 were 2 stars and 3 were 1 star.  The reviews were definitely more negative for the petite version.

Valued Contributor

I really liked this TSV however I ordered the regular length and they were too short and I am 5’3”. I was so disappointed they are more like petites.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mnmom wrote:

Item number?  I just received a pair that I like a lot, but not sure they were a TSV.

@mnmom 

There are three separate item numbers for the Denim & Co. Easy Stretch Denim Straight-Leg 5-Pocket Jeans. Three different lengths here:

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Easy-Stretch-Straight-Leg-5-Pocket-Jeans.product.A453449.html?produ...

ETA - If you don't see your length then it might be sold out.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Anyone (reviews) mention the confusion re:  the names of the colors?

Hopefully all received their chosen color.

@ROMARY  After two weeks of waiting I cancelled my order because of the confusion of the colors.  I was taking a leap of faith, and that faith ran out while waiting.  I didn't want to pay the return fee if it was wrong.  I wondered too if there were reviews about the color mix-up.

Respected Contributor

@Cathyshopper wrote:

Sorry your sister wasn't happy with her purchase.

I've been scared off from ordering TSV pants over the years even if they look good on tv. 50 or 100,000 of anything is bound to have some issues.

I have found my size can be either huge and fall off or so tight you can barely pull them up.  Because of the "not free" returns- pay for initial postage and then the $6.95 label- it's too costly for me to order anymore unless I'm pretty sure.

I'm buying more casual wear from Kohl's and Land's End, which I can drive to return and have much better sales/pricing.

I recently ordered a couple of very light weight summer tees from Lands End. Nice shirts but never again will I pay their high shipping fee. $9.00 !!

Harmonize the World