Esteemed Contributor

Re: BRUTAL REVIEWS ON THE D&C. DENIM JEANS TSV LAST MONTH

@Cathyshopper   I told my sister she'd be better off going into a store and trying them on because she is short, has very short legs and no waist.  She's now very unhappy about the cost of returning both pairs and being charged for returning both pairs

Honored Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

Unfortunately I have to chime in with the dissatisfied.  For me the biggest issue is length.  I ordered the regular length as usual and they look like high water pants.  I also agree they are tighter than I would have expected from a D&C jean.  Glad I only took a chance on one pair this time.

@Bookplate    Since the Duo Stretch was a new fabric supposedly with super stretchiness, I expected them to spend considerable time discussing fit.  If anything was said, I missed it and I watched several presentations.  The only information we got on those pants was misinformation on the colors.

I noticed the measurements seem to run small so I ordered 2 sizes.  We'll see how that works. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If she returns them in the same package, she’ll only be charged for one return label.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read the comments in this thread and ran to try on the D&C TSV jeans I had ordered.  I initially just opened them a couple of days ago and it looked like they would fit so I put them away. I am happy to report that they work for me.  Clearly whether or not people like them was rightfully based upon the fit on their particularly body type.  Not all of the reviews were brutal.  I think it was a case of love them or hate them - no middle ground.  

I am 5'10" with a long torso about a 31/32" inseam which is not very long for someone of my height.  I bought the 14 tall which fit well.  I would say that the waist could be a little looser but it was okay as was the rise.  I could see how these would not work for some people because of the rise and or inseam.  The 33" inseam was perfect for me.

Honored Contributor

So sorry your sister had such a difficult time.  Jeans and bras) are the worst ever to fit!  

Most people do better with brick and morter fittings.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat    One pair of jeans just arrived.  Three more come tomorrow.  They were the larger of the two sizes I ordered and are a little loose through the rear.  I left them on to see if they stretch out with wear.  They are petite length and perfect for me.  They are "dark wash" and appear to be the darkest next to black with no whiskering.  They are very stretchy and I like the color.  Nice pants. Made in Bangladesh. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624    I'm glad they worked out for you.  As I said my sister is not easy to fit and fashion is not her forte.  As I said she'd be better off going into a store and try things on

Esteemed Contributor

Mine fit perfectly.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@ceejay    Most of the reviews are negative.  3 pages of reviews and the jeans have received an average 2.3 stars .  That's not good in my book.  Twom4 stars one 5 star.  Rest are 2 or less

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

Mine fit perfectly.

@SXMGirl   I went up a size from my usual and I think they're too loose.  I think all the women claiming the sizing is off because they can't get them on, have put on some pandemic pounds.  These pants have huge stretch so if they ordered their normal size, they'd fit.