Super Contributor

I need a bra that is bigger in the band with a smaller cup that is lightly lined or lightly padded. I wear a 44 B. Whenever i order one it's always to big in the cup. Any advice?

Honored Contributor

I am a 42B and find them difficult to find, I will buy a 40B and add a hook extender in the back

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am a 42B and find them difficult to find, I will buy a 40B and add a hook extender in the back

Have you thought of trying a 40C?  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Try them on in a store. That isn't suggestion. If you have a Lane Bryant store near you, they have great bras. Not fitting into the sizes they carry anymore is one of the few negative things I have had to deal with since losing weight. 

Trusted Contributor

I would go to a Lane Bryant store or a specialty shop for bras.     LB has a large range of sizes in both band and cup sizes.  I got on line to find a store close to areas I visit.  I have found them very helpful.    They have colors and prints to fit all.   If the color I want is not in the store they have it shipped to me.   I watch on line for their sales.    Cost per wear and comfort makes it well worth any extra effort.  I get a bra that fits, is comfortable and beautiful.   I hope this info helps.

Respected Contributor

I just got 3 Hanes Flex Fit bras at Kmart - they were only $13.99 and I'll tell you they are just the best.  I got one and went back for two more.  They are lightly padded so you don't have to worry about coverage, but not overly padded like most bras.  They come in S, M, L, XL sizes.  Not underwire - don't like underwires, and a thicker bands at the side and nice adjustable straps.  I feel they hold me up well and actually make me look fuller at the top of my breasts.  I just can't pay $50 for a bra - I'm a cheapee.  They are made very well. 

Valued Contributor

I love underwires and just bought Playtex Secrets Undercover Slimming Shapping Underwire Bra w/some extenders. Also have found QT Intimates that fit. 

Honored Contributor

I have and the band is still not big enough but thanks for the suggestion

@Desertdi wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Have you thought of trying a 40C?  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Have you tried Herroom, on web?

Honored Contributor

Do you mean a molded cup or what is often referred to as a tee shirt bra?

You probably need to be properly fitted for a bra with the right fit.  The sales person will know how each brand fits and will know what brand will give you the fit you need.  There are only certain brands that fit me correctly, as it is with most women.