Respected Contributor

Re: BANANA REPULIC RENTING CLOTHING?

When I had to dress up for work, I had a monthly subscription to Gwynnie Bee. I’d have something different to wear a few times a week for what I’d spend on a work dress. I loved the service.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
When I had to dress up for work, I had a monthly subscription to Gwynnie Bee. I’d have something different to wear a few times a week for what I’d spend on a work dress. I loved the service.

@RollTide2008  - yes, this is not a new concept or service. I too  have used it in the past for special occasion and accessories. Millennials have supported the growth of this service bc it opens up the range of options without having to make a personal investment 

Much ado about nothing!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

No thanks.  No way!!!

Honored Contributor

What about all the tuxedos rented by men for weddings?  They don't think a thing about it.  And if there was a high health risk, it wouldn't be going on for as many years as it has been.  

Esteemed Contributor

Do you really believe that every piece of clothing that you have purchased has never been worn or tried on by another person?  Get realistic.  You don't know if the items you receive from the Q or anywhere else for that matter have not been worn for the 30 days and then returned or even tried on by a previous purchaser and then returned.

This "renting" idea is just a new way of saying to try for 30 days.  Old idea, new wording. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

What about all the tuxedos rented by men for weddings?  They don't think a thing about it.  And if there was a high health risk, it wouldn't be going on for as many years as it has been.  

Exactly. And while different - what about uniforms?  I highly, highly doubt the military dry cleans anything before issuing to the next person.  Lol 

Respected Contributor

Renting is different than trying something for 30 days. It works the same way as Netflix did back when it was DVD’s. You keep a virtual “closet” in your account of items you want. They send it out with return package. You wear it however many times as you want, send it back, and then they replace the items with whatever is available from your virtual closet. When I used a similar service, I got 3 items out at a time for $70-ish dollars a month. Everything they sent me was in pristine condition. If there was an item I loved, I had the option to purchase it at a discount, most dresses were discounted 40 to 60% off retail.
Honored Contributor

No, thank you.  What's that smell?   LOL

kindness is strength