Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone had this problem with the pea jacket?

I have a very sensitive neck also, so I wear a silky scarf inside the collar when I wear the jacket (I own the Persian Blue and the Raspberry). That takes care of it for me.

Respected Contributor

I have two pea coats--persian blue & camel--and I'm not bothered by any scratchiness. I typically wear a t-neck with this coat, but even with a jewel-neckline, it's comfortable. I think just adding a scarf or higher neckline will solve the scratchy neck problem.

Respected Contributor

I haven't had that problem but if I did, I'd wear a scarf. No necessarily a heavy, muffler but I'd wrap a light weight, silky scarf around my neck.

Respected Contributor

I've been wearing mine all the time and no problem; the fabric is scratchy but I haven't noticed it at all. When it has been really cold a scarf works fine to fill in the neckline. I love this coat, the style, the neckline that is so flattering.

It is the first coat I've ever had where I can actually keep a shoulder bag on my shoulder! Plus we've had single digit temps and it was warm enough for those days too, with a WK sweater underneath.

I think if you are sensitive to wool it would bother you, or the texture might as well, but add the silk scarf or a winter scarf, looks great that way.

My only issue was I had to sew on one of the buttons; it was very loose from the beginning.

Contributor

I'll work with the scarf idea; probably the easiest fix. I love the way the jacket fits, so cute. Thank you for commenting; looks like I'm not the only one who is a bit sensitive to the fabric.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if you are "a turtleneck kinda gal" but that will also do the trick to put a barrier between you and the collar. Also, if you wear a collared shirt, pop the collar up---it looks very chic that way, too, and will create the barrier you need.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

It's scratchy on my neck, but so is practically everything I wear. I can't tell you how may neck tags I've had to remove. I have no idea what size anything I own it anymore! I always wear a scarf under any coat.

Honored Contributor

I have the blue and have not had any problems. I wore it today with the persian blue vneck sweater and was comfortable. I am sensitive to the texture and hand of clothing, but I have not had your experience. I hope you are able to find a solution, it is a beautiful jacket!

Regular Contributor

I'm allergic to wool so always have this problem with coats/jackets with any wool at all in them. My solution is to wear a scarf with my jacket... problem solved. A cowl neck sweater can work as well -- I don't wear turtlenecks but if you do...that would work as well.

Honored Contributor

I have a ton of beautiful scarves that I wear with all of my coats. Never ever had a problem with itchy necklines because all I feel is the softness of my scarf.

"Pure Michigan"