Respected Contributor
On 12/16/2014 magicmoodz said:

I feel a bit stodgy for saying this, but there is a time and place for everything. As cute and stylish as Amy is and as much as I like her as a person, I simply don't think ripped jeans are appropriate in the workplace. I said the same when Gabrielle wore her AG ripped jeans.

How would we feel if Alberti, Dan Hughes or David Venable dressed in this manner? Would that be ok? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

sure

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

I feel a bit stodgy for saying this, but there is a time and place for everything. As cute and stylish as Amy is and as much as I like her as a person, I simply don't think ripped jeans are appropriate in the workplace. I said the same when Gabrielle wore her AG ripped jeans.

How would we feel if Alberti, Dan Hughes or David Venable dressed in this manner? Would that be ok? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I think "the workplace" is too broad a term. I think for her workplace and her job, they were fine. I only looked briefly, but I don't think(?) the whole knee was ripped out or anything -- they just had a few spots of distressing. And just as Jill or Mary Beth would never wear such a thing on air, neither would Dan Hughes or David Venable. But as a guy more into style (as he seems to be), I'm sure Alberti would do as Amy did and wear them in a very fashionable way.

Honored Contributor

I don't think they're appropriate for every workplace, but I think for presenting fashions on TV, they were fine.

Super Contributor

I don't think the OP was "picking the host apart." It's only a comment and we've all got a right,right? This is a forum. I didn't like the look either, and Amy is one of my favorites. Just because I didn't like what she was wearing isn't a personal attack on her,it's just a personal opinon of clothes,not her.

I agree, I thought the OP just didn't care for the ripped jeans. I like them depending on the style, but they are not everyone's cup of tea.

Frequent Contributor

I think Amy looked great in that outfit. Adorable and stylish. I saw her with great boots, not bare feet. But I would agree, I did think twice about why she was wearing ripped jeans. Even though she looked fabulous and I get that style, it maybe was too casual for tv

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/16/2014 jonbon said:

I think "the workplace" is too broad a term. I think for her workplace and her job, they were fine. I only looked briefly, but I don't think(?) the whole knee was ripped out or anything -- they just had a few spots of distressing. And just as Jill or Mary Beth would never wear such a thing on air, neither would Dan Hughes or David Venable. But as a guy more into style (as he seems to be), I'm sure Alberti would do as Amy did and wear them in a very fashionable way.

Actually from a human resource/management point of view, I think I described the setting as "workplace" correctly. So my point is, if Amy and Gabrielle (I like both of them very much) are allowed to wear distressed jeans, then QVC needs to be prepared for all hosts to show up for their shift dressed the same. And while our sensibilities think they wouldn't, precedence says they can.

Honored Contributor

I don't think QVC has a dress code anymore.

I can't remember the last time any of the male hosts wore a traditional suit except Alberti.

The female hosts wear very casual clothes too.

Respected Contributor
On 12/16/2014 jonbon said:

Actually from a human resource/management point of view, I think I described the setting as "workplace" correctly. So my point is, if Amy and Gabrielle (I like both of them very much) are allowed to wear distressed jeans, then QVC needs to be prepared for all hosts to show up for their shift dressed the same. And while our sensibilities think they wouldn't, precedence says they can.

Of course you're correct that it's a workplace, but the point I was trying to emphasize was that not all workplaces are the same (the generic "the workplace"). For some of the hosts, distressed jeans look quite stylish and suit them and their personal styles (for the right type of show, of course). The ones for whom this isn't the case would most likely never wear them anyway. JMO. Smile

Honored Contributor
On 12/16/2014 mstyrion 1 said:

sure

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

When was the last time you saw David and Dan selling clothing? The idea of that, no matter what they're wearing, makes me laugh. They are not stylish. Alberti would rock some torn jeans and look great.

Again, he's selling you style, not a mortgage or explaining how he will be performing your open heart surgery. The idea that all people of all professions have one dress code is ridiculous. Torn jeans are perfectly work appropriate for some professions - like people selling style.

Contributor

i don't like the holey jeans. maybe ok for a teenager.