Respected Contributor

I saw those on her too and I hate them. Of course, Amy's far from the only one to wear the hideous ripped jeans. Many people seem to think they're fashionable. What time was it on? I worked most of the night, although I did take some time out to watch Bad Teacher at about 2 a.m. or something. I fell asleep and missed the end. I've never been able to stay awake until it ends. If I ever win the lottery, I will spend a large portion of my time stretched out on my window seat that's really more like a bed watching the television. Dream big!

Honored Contributor
On 12/15/2014 minkbunny said:

There is nowhere I would wear torn or slashed jeans, well maybe feeding the horses. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

But, to each his own.

Lol hi minky. I wouldn't either! I love boyfriend jeans rolled up, but I don't ever wear torn ones. I think it looks messy and dated. I didn't see the jeans on her, but my BFF has a pair. I dislike them and don't find them "cute".
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see her....but I have never liked the torn jean look...ever...I would never be seen in clothes that look like rags....and that's what it reminds me of...raggety jeans....

Trusted Contributor

Well, it's not like she wears them all the time. She dresses very nicely and is stylish. So cut her a break. Personally, I hate the torn jeans look, but I know that they are in style.

Honored Contributor
Torn bf jeans were not in style as much last season. Bf jeans were huge, but most were light wash and not torn.
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/15/2014 misschristy said:

Well, it's not like she wears them all the time. She dresses very nicely and is stylish. So cut her a break. Personally, I hate the torn jeans look, but I know that they are in style.

It's because she's stylish that I can't cut her any slack. The truly stylish woman knows how to separate her stylish casual and after-5 (dress up) wardrobe from the pieces which she designates as career wear. Ripped jeans are a no for anyone of any age to wear in their professional capacity regardless of how many celebrities are photographed in them. Just because an apparel item is stylish doesn't mean it's intended to be worn to in every situation. Cheeky shorts were stylish too this past summer, but one didn't wear them to the workplace.

Respected Contributor

They're called distressed jeans and I also own a pair of skinny ones........I don't have a lot of holes in mine....maybe 3 well-placed small ones, but they're cute for everyday wear.....Amy always look pretty cute in her clothes (unless she's stuck in some of the huge "tent-wear" that the Q I pushing.

Honored Contributor
On 12/16/2014 Trix said:
On 12/15/2014 misschristy said:

It's because she's stylish that I can't cut her any slack. The truly stylish woman knows how to separate her stylish casual and after-5 (dress up) wardrobe from the pieces which she designates as career wear. Ripped jeans are a no for anyone of any age to wear in their professional capacity regardless of how many celebrities are photographed in them. Just because an apparel item is stylish doesn't mean it's intended to be worn to in every situation. Cheeky shorts were stylish too this past summer, but one didn't wear them to the workplace.

This is exactly how I feel. Yes I liked the outfit but no it shouldn't have been worn to work.

Respected Contributor
On 12/15/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Jane is not a banker or a concierge at a country club, she's a TV show host selling style items. Jeans with holes are stylish. While QVC doesn't sell them, it indicates that she's keyed into what is stylish now. Keeping up with that kind of thing is very much in her job description, so that does make her trendy jeans job appropriate.

I agree chynna.

Amy is on-trend which is refreshing in the midst of a lot of very conservative clothing.

I have jeans very much like the ones she wore and I think they're fun and stylish with a cute top and wedge booties.

I don't dress like Mary Beth, Jill, or Carolyn so it's nice to see someone wearing styles that reflect a bit younger outlook.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

I feel a bit stodgy for saying this, but there is a time and place for everything. As cute and stylish as Amy is and as much as I like her as a person, I simply don't think ripped jeans are appropriate in the workplace. I said the same when Gabrielle wore her AG ripped jeans.

How would we feel if Alberti, Dan Hughes or David Venable dressed in this manner? Would that be ok? {#emotions_dlg.lol}