Trusted Contributor

I think Amy Stran is a beautiful, sweet woman. However, when I turned on QVC early this morning she was selling the TSV Dooney purse and her voice was so loud compared to the vendor, that she was practically yelling. Amy was bouncing off the walls (not literally) like she had a gallon of caffeine. It was beyond over-the-top.😳 It reminded me of one of the old cartoons when Bugs Bunny was shooting at Yosemite Sam’s feet saying, Dance! Dance! making him go faster and faster. I think the senior executives at QVC are putting a lot pressure on their hosts to use these high pressure, used car salesman sales techniques to move their merchandise. Hosts have definitely changed their way of presenting due to this corporate pressure. I believe this pressure to sell is reflected in Amy’s presentations. She no longer appears to be the happy, carefree host she used to be.

Trusted Contributor

Many hosts sound as they had too much caffeine.  Ever listen to Rick D?  He talks a mile a minute!  Sort of reminds me of a snake oil salesperson, or carnival barker.  Hosts have to speak loud or shout to get and keep the viewers attention. 

And, I think some hosts must be going deaf as a result of their producer talking to them in the ear piece during the presentations, and call in testimonials.  JMO.

Trusted Contributor

Amy is my favorite Q host, hands down.   I enjoy watching her and love her enthusiasm.   I agree that she looks fabulous in anything she puts on, and has caused me to order more things than I intended to.   Amy is my height so I like to see how the length of things work for her.  (I wish I had her figure, lol.) 

IMO, she is the only TRUE "XXS" host, and her clothing always FITS her the way it's supposed to.   No clinging, no buttons gapping, jackets will actually close and button, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think Amy is adorable!!!  She looks terrific in everything.  She just has a knack to add a little umph to whatever she puts on.  And, she is not a phony!!!  I like Amy!

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

She does look good in everything. She looked good when pregnant too. She is super thin and at her height she can really pull off her high heels easily.

I can see her in real life wearing skinny jeans, a tight T and a pair of rocking heels to pull off a fabulous looking outfit and carrying a super fab designer slouchy bag to top it all off. 

For a daughter, she would be a mom of all moms when it comes to fashion advice!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

yeah, but, all that comes with a price. I'm not willing to pay it.

Exercise constantly, foods that are good for a rabbit probably, but, I don't see to many fudge brownies and cheeseburgers in her future.

Unless she has the metabolism of a generator she has to work and work hard for that little petite body. I wish her the best.

Honored Contributor

Amy is very beautiful and does look good in just about anything. I think the same of Heather Hall on Evine, and Courtney Cason. All beautiful women that look good in anything.....

Honored Contributor

@grandma peteswrote:

Amy looks so amazing in anything she wears. I swear you could put her in a dress made entirely of dryer lint and she would look like a million bucks.😊 That gray sweater is so cute. 

@grandma petes

???   Most young slender women  can wear just about anything ....  but I'm not clear what supposedly makes her "so amazing".     Care to share?

Honored Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

yeah, but, all that comes with a price. I'm not willing to pay it.

Exercise constantly, foods that are good for a rabbit probably, but, I don't see to many fudge brownies and cheeseburgers in her future.

Unless she has the metabolism of a generator she has to work and work hard for that little petite body. I wish her the best.

@SharkE, vast exaggeration regarding maintaining weight. A healthful diet (always a laudable goal) that is within the caloric range for your body and regular moderate exercise will go a long way in maintaining your weight and good overall health.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland