Frequent Contributor

I wear dresses frequently in the summer, but not this dress or her other one. And the funny thing is I dont think she would either!

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar 

Same here , cotton or linen dresses  for the muggy hot  summers .  Although , I did  buy  some new dresses   for spring  events  . Have some very old linen dresses & shirts  from J Jill and Bannana Republic  that have worn very well over the years .

Honored Contributor

I think Amy is one of the top 3 or even top 2 stylish hosts on QVC.  

So I'm quite surprised that I don't like anything in this Summer 2024 collection of hers.  Ordinarily I'd have her denim jacket and tencel pants on their way home to me by now.  

But the the denim jacket had that front facing step hem that I don't like at all (why couldn't it have been starting at the side seams like most other step hems??).  

The tencel trousers are wide leg ankle pants -- they don't look crop on anyone, even in their correct inseam.  Plus, on everyone, including Amy, the tummy area looks unfortunate because of the pleats, compared to the belted waist.  They're just not flattering.  They even make Amy look stocky.

Maybe there's more to come.

Honored Contributor

This dress reminds me of the house dresses my mother used to wear as mentioned in another post.  I do not find it flattering or appealing.  My opinion.

Occasional Contributor

Well looks like I'm in the minority about this dress.  I like that the sleeves are longer and you have the opttion of a belt. Love the colors and especially the green will be a great dress to wear gong into fall and hot August and September here in the south!  Someone said they would go for it had it been longer--I'm in that camp. I'm short 5'3 weigh 110 and bought this in a "tall" XS--in the green.  I checked all the measurements and think this will be perfect midi dress to wear in the fall with boots also.  Also I do have long legs with 28-29 inseam--so fingers crossed it will be what I think.

Honored Contributor

I just noticed the care:  "machine wash, lay flat to dry".  And i wonder if,being 100% cotton, if it's going to need ironing.  I prefer easy care fabrics at this stage of my life.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar, Like you, I like dresses.  I don't have that many,  but there are times I want to wear a dress.  I have had good luck with Coldwater Creek in the past.  I like classic designs that I can wear most any season.  I do wear jeans mostly, and do wear dressy slacks, as well.

I am your age, and glad that you have also found clothing you enjoy wearing.  And just for fun, I do have some ripped up looking jeans I wear around.  

Respected Contributor

I love wearing dresses, another reason I love summertime and summertime dressing best...I wear a lot of different type dresses, all summer.

I don't care for the TSV...doesn't look like something that would be "Amy's style", which I know she's "directed" to style for the "Q customer", within many of Q's "parameters" I'm sure... but since it's her line, it's more believable when it looks like her personal style. This does not. She actually looks odd in it...looks too old for her. Kirsten, who's very thin, looked baaad in the smallest one they could find for her, and then belted it (a sure sign they had to make it fit her)...it was awful on her.

I just don't care for any of the prints or the style.

Respected Contributor

Re: Amy Stran's TSV dress

[ Edited ]

@Kathyfobo wrote:

I wear dresses frequently in the summer, but not this dress or her other one. And the funny thing is I dont think she would either!

Absolutely not. Was my first thought when I saw it today.

Respected Contributor

@lavendar  I went to a MARSHALL's store in a neighboring town and purchased 2 new dresses today.   Both were on the clearance rack, an ANNE KLEIN marked  down to $19.99 and another dressier one for $29.99 so I felt like I hit jackpot!    I hate to pay s/h and taxes and then have concerns or regrets when I receive an item from QVC these days.    Good luck to you!