Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alpaca coats at Dillards.

@ECBG wrote:

@SharkE 

I would suggest you see it.  When i worked there the sale girls laughed at the cheap cashmere.

@ECBG 

I think she's saying that she saw it at the store.  She spoke to the salesgirl.  But I'm not sure what the quality of the cashmere would have to do with the alpaca coats anyway?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I checked out that Peruvian connection place and I might order a V neck sweater.  Nice stuff just stay away from the long duster coats and the coats or you''ll have to mortgage your house. LOL

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SharkE 

I would suggest you see it.  When i worked there the sale girls laughed at the cheap cashmere.

@ECBG 

Cashmere?  I thought we were talking about alpaca.

Honored Contributor

Alpaca is a much finer fabric than either mohair or cashmere.  I thought we were talking about alpaca.  Sorry.  Somehow or other cashmere got thrown into the mix.  Alpaca is not cheap!!!! No matter who says it and it is not cashmere no matter who thinks so and it is not mohair. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

"pure luxury"   Poor can't afford alpaca LOL

Yes, they are.  I always wanted one.  My mother had one but that was many ,many years ago when even poor people could have nice things.  My mother always said we were too poor to buy cheap clothes so we had little but we had nice things.  She, of course, never bought us alpaca but we did have cashmere sweaters, wool skirts and coats.  We also had leather jackets and I hated mine.  It was cold in the mornings when I had to wear it before I got to be a big girl and got a nice coat.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE Were the ones you looked at from Eileen Fisher?

Honored Contributor

Can't remember for sure. They're over there by the real pricey stuff like Tommy Bahama he had a white sweater that was cute had a anchor on the front of it.

Could had been.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Can't remember for sure. They're over there by the real pricey stuff like Tommy Bahama he had a white sweater that was cute had a anchor on the front of it.

Could had been.

@SharkE 

In my store, there are lots of expensive brands in that area, and Eileen is not the most expensive.  It might be the "cheapest 'quality, however.  Eileen has gone so far down in quality, I don't buy anything of hers.  Her moving the manufacture of her goods to China was about like others we all know and love.

Honored Contributor

I went in to pay a credit card bill. Before I left I had bought 2 gowns back on credit hahhahahah

In Amarillo, Tx they are in the process of moving the store where the anchor store that used to be Sears is. grand opening is 11-10.   Supposedly, the whole store will be one level now. No more ladies clothes upstairs. Everything will be on 1 floor.

The mens and housewares will still be on the other end of the Mall, though.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I would be very cautious. 

I was giving you an example of a perceived high end product.