Honored Contributor

Best feeling type of short fur ever felt in my life. Maybe it's called 'hair'?   Anyway, beautiful coats. I looked at price tag !

1%23scream.gif1,000  I about fell over told the sales girl mark down to 200

I'll buy one. LOL Had in black and red and I think white. Luxury, poor luxury feel.  Dry clean only of course.   She said a young girl came in and her mother bought her one.   La de da.   LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Alpaca coats at Dillards.

"pure luxury"   Poor can't afford alpaca LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

I would suggest you see it.  When i worked there the sale girls laughed at the cheap cashmere.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE - You might want to check out Peruvian Connection to see their Alpaca coats and jackets.  The ones at Dillards are lovely looking, too, but there is more variety in styles and in pricing at Peruvian Connection.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an alpaca sweater.  I didn't realize it is warmer than wool.  It was a gift, never used it much! 

Need to get it out for this Winter!

Respected Contributor

I have alpaca winter coats. Love them They look good for years. I paid a lot for them, although they were on sale. Be aware of cheap alpaca, never heard of such a thing, they are costly.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE Call Dennis - he could get you a good one.

Honored Contributor

They should look good forever. LOL I would never pay that much for a coat, but, it's a luxury like item. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@SharkE Call Dennis - he could get you a good one.

May have to give it up to get one. ROFLMAO

Regular Contributor

We raised alpacas for a time.  Their fiber is warmer than wool, softerer than cashmere, and for the most part hypo-allergenic.  They are expensive because they require a lot of care all year long to get the best fiber at shearing time once a year. 

They are quirky, funny animals who will spit at you or each other if they get upset.  Very protective of their young.  If an enemy comes into the pasture the other females all form a circle around the creas (babies), facing out,

A fun experience, but unfortunately not very profitable for us.