Honored Contributor

I'm nit-picking ... but they mislead others and annoy me when this happens.

product thumbnail 3

Yesterday, Gary referred to this as a ribbon yarn (at 2:32 on video) and then later called it a crochet weave done on a knitting machine. (2:41)

Granted, I'm looking at a picture of the yarn and not the yarn itself, but it looks like a chainette yarn, not a ribbon yarn.

And, perhaps in manufacturing circles they call it crochet done on a knitting machine .... but it looks like an ordinary knitting pattern of knits and yarn overs. 

Host also mentioned "crochet" several times.

Honored Contributor

As I said before many people do not the diff between knit and crochet.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Really?

Got to get me some ribbon yarn crocheted on a knitting machine.  Not!

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

True, but I expect Gary, the "designer" to know the difference. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

True, but I expect Gary, the "designer" to know the difference. 

Then there are us who don't know, don't care.  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

product thumbnail 3

Yesterday, Gary referred to this as a ribbon yarn (at 2:32 on video) and then later called it a crochet weave done on a knitting machine. (2:41)

Granted, I'm looking at a picture of the yarn and not the yarn itself, but it looks like a chainette yarn, not a ribbon yarn.

And, perhaps in manufacturing circles they call it crochet done on a knitting machine .... but it looks like an ordinary knitting pattern of knits and yarn overs. 

Host also mentioned "crochet" several times.

It does say "Fabrication: speckled tape yarn" on the site. Ribbon yarn/tape yarn ... pretty close. I think he was talking about the look of the stitching when he referred to crochet. You are correct, though -- it just looks like knitting done in a lacy pattern. (But honestly, I don't think it much matters.)

Honored Contributor

@jonbon 

You're right - it probably doesn't matter much to most viewers. 

But - for those of us to whom it does matter .... it reflects on Gary's credibility.

Tape yarn and ribbon yarn are similar flat yarns, but there is a difference.  Chainette is entirely different.  No way someone who knows about yarn would confuse chainette with either tape or ribbon.

---------------------------------------

@jonbon wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

product thumbnail 3

It does say "Fabrication: speckled tape yarn" on the site. Ribbon yarn/tape yarn ... pretty close. I think he was talking about the look of the stitching when he referred to crochet. You are correct, though -- it just looks like knitting done in a lacy pattern. (But honestly, I don't think it much matters.)