Esteemed Contributor

XCEL Brands owns and controls the Isaac Mizrahi,  Ripka and most Halston labels, among others.

NEW YORK, April 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Xcel Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: XELB) today announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire the Lori Goldstein brands, including LOGO™ by Lori Goldstein. The acquisition focuses on growing the popular brand through a multi-channel approach including Live streaming, e-commerce and global direct-response television networks, and expanding the business into new products and categories.

Designed to bring style to the masses, LOGO by Lori Goldstein launched in 2009 and has been profitable since inception. Boasting more than $1.5 billion in historical retail sales, the brand offers multiple categories such as casual womenswear, outerwear, eyewear, jewelry and activewear.

Honored Contributor

So much for all those people here who have dissed and made fun of this line for years.  Lori is laughing at them...all the way to the bank.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

So much for all those people here who have dissed and made fun of this line for years.  Lori is laughing at them...all the way to the bank.

@Pearlee  100%

Respected Contributor

Glad she is making money but I still don't like her "styles." Designer labels do not influence my purchases. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  100%

So we're supposed to like it now because it's making money ?  There are a lot of popular things that many don't like.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  100%

So we're supposed to like it now because it's making money ?  There are a lot of popular things that many don't like.

@QVCkitty1   I cannot speak for her, but I don't think that's what @Pearlee meant at all.  There are tons of posts characterizing LOGO, and those that like to wear the brand, in the most horrible words. 

Fashion has always been in the eye of the beholder.  No one will like everything.  But there are some that prefer to insult anyone who does, to try to appear that they have superior taste.  

I like about 25% of LOGO that I've seen presented.  Other brands that number is higher, ans some lower.  I would never ask anyone to like what I like, or even care.

Honored Contributor

I can't see Lori giving up artistic control and just becoming a "talking head" like Isaac. All the clothing will now be designed by someone in a back room in China, just as Isaac's is. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can't see Lori giving up artistic control and just becoming a "talking head" like Isaac. All the clothing will now be designed by someone in a back room in China, just as Isaac's is. 

agree, but maybe she has had enough after 10 years?

I thought that Q owned LogO already but probably buying rights to name going forward?

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  100%

@QVCkitty1   I cannot speak for her, but I don't think that's what @Pearlee meant at all.  There are tons of posts characterizing LOGO, and those that like to wear the brand, in the most horrible words. 

Fashion has always been in the eye of the beholder.  No one will like everything.  But there are some that prefer to insult anyone who does, to try to appear that they have superior taste.  

I like about 25% of LOGO that I've seen presented.  Other brands that number is higher, ans some lower.  I would never ask anyone to like what I like, or even care.

@Thaks for your reply. I guess what I never understood about Logo is why it's fans get so defensive about it . I wear what I like and I don't care what anyone thinks. The post sounded like ha ha see we were right all along. Well , sorry my opinion hasn't changed, and guess what , that's ok. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: XCEL Purchases LOGO

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  100%

@Thaks for your reply. I guess what I never understood about Logo is why it's fans get so defensive about it . I wear what I like and I don't care what anyone thinks. The post sounded like ha ha see we were right all along. Well , sorry my opinion hasn't changed, and guess what , that's ok. 

@QVCkitty1  No I don't expect someone to start liking LOGO and no my post wasn't as you interpreted  it.  My point is the OP proves that a whole lot of people don't consider the line to be "clown clothes," don't feel they "wouldn't be caught dead" in them, and don't give a hoot whether they don't see others in their town wearing LOGO.  And I find it very hard to believe you don't understand why posters are defensive about the line when people who don't like LOGO items are so rude about expressing their dislike. There are many ways to express dislike without offending people in their choice of words.

@Caaareful Shopper. Thanks, your post was spot on.