Respected Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat 7/11

@Bird mama wrote:

If those Jockies give me a perky rump like the mannequin - sign me up :-)

No, no perky rump.  And you can't wear them under cords.  Everything sticks to them, no matter what lies they tell you about it.  I always wear a slip so it isn't an issue, but if you want to have your skirt climb or pants up your thighs then these are for you.

Honored Contributor

I will be volunteering this week for a Metro Youth Day on Belle Isle and wouldn't you know, it's heating up here, going to be humid and there is a potential for rain.

Ugh

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hmm Gili Dress and a skirt, does not fit Jill well at all, it looks like a rumpled mess

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

OMG, the price on this GILI dress is crazy.  It isn't even lined.  And that's a load, too:  "You can't see any bumps or curves."

Honored Contributor

re those skimmies, I prefer a slip.

too many women need something between their dress and

censored

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Hmm Gili Dress and a skirt, does not fit Jill well at all, it looks like a rumpled mess

All these dresses that try so hard to "fool the eye", remind me of these t-shirts:

tee body.gif

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Jack, I like a slip too.  My Ma was of the opinion that people shouldn't be able to see a gap between your legs when wearing a dress or skirt.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

re those skimmies, I prefer a slip.

too many women need something between their dress and

censored

I agree.  I always wear a slip, and in the summer when I am not wearing tights I wear the Skimmies, too.

Honored Contributor

@Favorite Son wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

If those Jockies give me a perky rump like the mannequin - sign me up :-)

No, no perky rump.  And you can't wear them under cords.  Everything sticks to them, no matter what lies they tell you about it.  I always wear a slip so it isn't an issue, but if you want to have your skirt climb or pants up your thighs then these are for you.

I found that out, I seldom wear dresses/skirts, so i bought a set and do not care for them under pants. I think I finally donated them, after wearing one pair, one time. Money wasted. Live and learn.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

Next thing on my list is a new sofa for the living room.  I really don't use my living room, because I don't entertain anymore.  Most of the furniture is 25 years old (Ethan Allen), and still in good shape.  However, I do want to replace my sofa sleeper and side table lamps.  The sofa sleeper is still in great shape, because no one sits on it.  However, it's heavy and impossible to move.  I don't have need for a sofa sleeper any longer.  

Since I plan on getting a kitty/cat later this year, I'd like to get a sofa fabric that will not be a target for cat claws.  I've done a lot of research, and I may go with Ultrasuede, Crypton, Sunbrella or maybe even velvet.  Not sure yet what I will do.

@Lyn08

A piece of unsolicited advice...

I would wait on ANY new furniture until you meet kitty.  My lover has put holes in my LEATHER sofa, so now it's "purrforated" leather.  Despite covering the bulk of it with quilts, he has had many "cat crazies" running around the house and has clawed it up.  My lady cat adores the cardboard scratchers and never scratches inappropriately.

I would be devastated if I ordered new furniture and a cat tore it right up (or on it).