Valued Contributor

QVC pricing on clothes has gone overboard

I'm watching Denim & Co. gauze shirt for $42.50. I just bought a gauze shirt in Target (Mazzamo) for $18.00. I love it and it is less 1/2 the price of D&C. The shirt I just bought looks identical.

I am not buying from QVC anymore. I have found better prices at TJ Max, Kohls, Macys without any shipping charges.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC pricing on clothes has gone overboard

I just bought a seersucker tunic at Blair that I adore for $ 18.00 as I was searching for a seersucker top to wear in 101 degree humid weather.

I totally agree with your comment about most all of the Q's prices today, not just on clothing. Back to the B&M stores for me as well. Some catalog order stores are doing a much better job of lowering prices to lure people back to them as well. You just have to know your  prices and products.

But as I'm sure you have noticed, many of the designers at the Q are selling tops at $ 50.00 or more a pop and the same for the bottoms as well. $ 100.00 per outfit is a bit steep for casual wear as far as I am concerned.     Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

I was a loyal QVC customer.  They me about 1 year ago.  In 2014, I bought 3 things from QVC.  Now it's HSN and evine. 

Frequent Contributor

You know something is wrong when my UPS guy asked what happened to my ordering. He even noticed my Q orders have been repalced with HSN items, NetAPorter, New York & Company  and Ebay....QVC will slowly become the new JCrew story....outpriced their base as if they are the only house on the block

Respected Contributor

Absolutely too expensive espcially for the quality.  I buy two pair of pants and they are same size but different lenghts.  I bought a dress and the seams were warped.  It is not like you pay for quality. I can get tops at Pennys or Old navy for under 10 dollars. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's just not clothes...but also shoes. J C Penney's has Clarks on sale right now...and you get to try them on.

Honored Contributor

It's not just that most of the clothes are overpriced and inconsistently sized
-- it's that darn $10 "try-on fee" that's the deal breaker for me.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I agree, I'm not spending $100 to wear casual pants or capris and a t shirt.

Super Contributor

I used to buy a lot of clothes from QVC back in the 90s and early 00s. So much so, that I only went to B&M stores for special occasions. That's when the clothes were really cute, quality was consistent and prices were reasonable. Then things changed. Quality was ify, materials were cheapened and costs went higher and higher until they became ridiculous. My lifestyle is casual, so most online shopping is with Lands End and then I wait for sales and promotions, otherwise I've rediscovered B&M stores where I can always find great sales. QVC just doesn't seem to understand they are not the only game in town.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Esteemed Contributor

I've ordered a few items and they were clearly overpriced for what I got.  When that happens, it tends to make customers hold back on future purchases.