Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 9/5

I am the youngest of three girls who happened to get drafted a lot by my father when he would work on his car or things around the house.  Daddy wasn't the type to pay a professional.  As his daughter I know my limits and will call in a professional more often than he ever would.

If home depot would have provided installation, I would have paid them.  They install only certain things now and refer people to the pro referral service and that service has some lousy reviews.

It's a nerve wracking experience when you have to call in a plumber especially if you don't get them from word of mouth.  I'm still feeling some kind of way about the $200 Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

To All....Enjoy the Labor Day weekend.  Please stay safe and healthy, but try to do something to make you smile.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

I went back to Google three times to find that image ... I used to say that to my kids when they did something out of the ordinary  ... just to let them know I thought it was spectacular ... 

Honored Contributor

I really like the Cuddle Duds hooded wrap, I think itwould be nice for Fall what ever I do or dont do 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

This looks like something that @Tennesseegal would like-

j.crew: silk square scarf in ratti® lilac collage print for women, right side, view zoomed

@lolakimono 

Good afternoon.  Thank you for the shoutout!  I had searched for a lilac and pink scarf last winter before the shutdowns.  Thank you for remembering.  I will have to check that out. 

I haven't been on the forums much in weeks.  I made some replies last week for the first time.  These last few weeks have been heart wrenching.  My beautiful, loving, generous sister-in-law of over 30 years died unexpectedly of a heart attack.  She was 51 and getting ready to go back to a new year of school.  We are all heart broken.  In some ways, this has been harder than losing my parents.  Additionally, two family friends are battling for life.  One has covid and is very sick and the other has been diagnosed with a rare disease.  It's just been tough. 

I have been reading what you are having to put up with as you go back to school and it's just as bad for teachers in Tennessee.  My friends are clueless from day to day and the directives change constantly.  I am praying for all my teacher friends.

@I am still oxox 

I am glad you are healing from your fall.  This has been a difficult year for you and your health.

@Bird mama 

You constantly impress and inspire me!  You go girl!!

@LTT1 

Yikes!  That was a narrow escape.

@SoX 

I liked the Quacker denim shirt that I saw you had ordered.  Let me know how that fits on you.

Hopefully, all of you AM Style Sisters will have a good Labor Day weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My week was long and dirty lol, Tuesday night my kitchen sink was backing up we are in a 4 unit condo with shared plumbing, I hear my neighbors sink being snaked out so we thought nothing of the water on the floor. Wednesday they totally took my niehgbors sink apart and were going back and forth across the hall to check our sink and no one realized that our cabinet was wet. Wed night our cabinet and floor were still wet. Thursday 9 am while I was doing my weekly infusion in the bedroom they were working in the kitchens and replacing our pipe and drain.

So Thursday afternoon I pulled up all the cork contact paper and let the cabinet dry, ordered more cork from Amazon and yesterday it arrived and we put it all back in order, oh the fun things that happen

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tennesseegal 

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister-in-law, and at such an early age  ... please accept my sincere condolences ... 

I'll tag you when I get the QF denim shirt to let you know how I like it  ... or not  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Tennesseegal 

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister-in-law, and at such an early age  ... please accept my sincere condolences ... 

I'll tag you when I get the QF denim shirt to let you know how I like it  ... or not  Woman Happy

@SoX 

Thank you for your kind words. 

I like the embroidery that Quacker Factory does. I hope you enjoy the shirt! 👚🍁🎃

Respected Contributor

Hello from the Pacific Time zone. AM Style starts at 4:00 AM here. I think I've been writing in the AM Style Live Chat threads for a couple years now.

My time zone prevents me from posting during the show. I usually put AM Style in the Q search bar after 9PM on Fridays to see what's on, and I catch up after I'm up on Saturday.

Have a nice weekend, Fashionistas.

Esteemed Contributor

Lola, nothing newsworthy in fashion might be a good thing for me.  Your school year sounds like it is off to a tough start.    Sorry about the tornado.    

jackthebear,  how's the golfing?

LTT1, what a nasty thing to have happen to you.   It's a good thing that it didn't break & injure you worse.  I can't imagine using tape to hold it on the wall.  I hope that your soreness goes away real soon 

Sox, it's supposed to be cool & rainy for a few days starting tomorrow night.  We need more ☔☔☔ too.  Cute tops.

I am still ox ox, I am glad that your ribs are healing.  What a nightmare you had with a long dirty week.  Water is a nightmare for me when it's not in the hot tub or the 🚿🚿🚿.

Bird Mama, Yikes!  $200 for a 30 minute job is highway robbery.  We have a lot of good plumbers in our hometown & I thought $70 for an hour or less was $$.  They have a good reputation and I don't trust my myself or my DH to fix anything.

Hopi, Leah is one of my favorite hosts & she is so  nice and classy.  

Magicmoodz, your comment about being good at nothing made me laugh.  I

DancinQueen, I will be a "dancing queen " next week when I go to the dentist to have a crown put on.  My DH & I dance around in the house a lot especially on Saturdays and Sundays, when our local radio station has great music playing. 

Tennesseegal, I am so sorry to hear about your dear sil passing away so suddenly & good friends being so ill.  My prayers are with all of you.  It's been a rough year for my DH and I.  Our faith in the Lord is comforting to us & we look forward to better days ahead.  Traveling, eating in a restaurant etc.