Honored Contributor

Justine Leconte Shares MainStyleInfluencesForWinter 2020

[ Edited ]

Justine is a Parsons graduate,  who studied under Tim Gunn and a designer.

Do you see anything you like?  Her vision boards will show many other ideas.

Removed link political advertising

Honored Contributor

Re: Justine Leconte Shares MainStyleInfluencesForWinter 2020

Justine asks:  "What do you wear out of all that?"  

Nothing.  

Can't see myself in any of it...well, maybe, the white Chanel blouse. 

Respected Contributor

Hate to be a downer, but I haven't thought about fashion since February.  I wear what I have and if it falls apart, I'll try to replace it.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning @ECBG . Justine's review and video would be on point if we were not living in the midst of a pandemic. Yes, these designers were working on fall/winter long before they knew what was to be. 

My favorites, of course, the black/white pants outfit with ruffled blouse, the reds and olive seem prevalent and some menswear inspired coats...the grey chesterfield worn over the black pants suit. 

Unfortunately, I think the big fashion houses will take a huge hit since so few can afford couture and there's nowhere to go to outfit yourself in elaborate, expensive clothing. 

I noticed an obvious lack of accessories...mainly jewelry. That's sad, but since I don't follow trends, oh well. 

Respected Contributor

What would I wear? Absolutely none of it. I'd look ridiculous and feel worse. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I have seen the large statement necklaces in many, many other collections.  Her vision here was just clothing designs influenced by the past.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus How is your situation?

I've been dealing with a UTI since before Labor Day and had trouble getting through the new health umbrella to get to the triage nurse.  Then the new dr left yesterday without looking at his messages.

Can't go in, the car is having work done.

FINALLY talked to dr this morning.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I've been dealing with a UTI since before Labor Day and had trouble getting through the new health umbrella to get to the triage nurse.  Then the new dr left yesterday without looking at his messages.

@ECBG   Your "situation" sounds far more annoying than mine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   Your "situation" sounds far more annoying than mine.

@Shanus I have learned a secret with UTI's.  Go potty often, less annoyance!

I am already in line for another dr which is in a group only 10 minutes from the house!

DH came home with my meds (2/day) so I had one and will take the other at bedtime.

HOW IS your situation, my Dear?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm hanging in there @ECBG . You're sweet to ask. I've never seen such a mess and I'm a neat freak, so this will make me nuts before it's finished. I just took a hot bath, had a warm glass of milk and headed to bed. We had the foresight to put a huge piece of clean, thick plastic over our bed and tucked it in all around to keep the "debris" off there. At least, I can lie my tired head on a pillow not covered with dust from sanding walls. 🤪

Feel better!! ***Drink lots of water always and at the first sign, cranberry juice!!!