Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 9/5

Morning ladies I really like the Centrigrade Jacket.

We are good my fractured ribs are healing and right now all is good here 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

No damage for us, just heavy rains and a headache.

@SoX 

JC -Item AQ249 in leopard.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 

No damage for us, just heavy rains and a headache.

@SoX 

JC -Item AQ249 in leopard.

@lolakimono 

I'll take a look, but I seem to have satisfied my craving for leopard ... unless it's a pair of sneakers I let get away ...Woman Mad

ETA ...  I thought that might be that jacket before I even looked ... no thanks on that one!

Honored Contributor

Mally! Yo' mama!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I like this shoe....it has very light "faded" animal spots.

CE8EA43B-7494-4A72-AEE8-EF9766C20322.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

I might know something about these, though ...

j.crew: margot sweater in vintage paisley for women, right side, view zoomed

j.crew: tippi sweater in chevron for women, right side, view zoomed

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Morning ladies I really like the Centrigrade Jacket.

We are good my fractured ribs are healing and right now all is good here 

@I am still oxox 

Now that brand is a blast from the past ... I'll have to go take a look-see.

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

I saw that paisley print in the shoes (heels).

The other one is a nod to Missoni.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, it's been a week since we last spoke with each other and I'm still working on the razzin frazzin cooktop replacement chore.

To say that this has been a frustrating experience would be putting it mildly Woman Wink

I awoke last Sunday in the mood to remove the old cooktop.  Now I've replaced a built in gas stove in my kitchen and did the gas hookup myself in a space large enough for a big drawer.  I'm not kidding, for the stove I had to pull out the drawer in the cabinet and shimmy in, on my back (like sliding under a car).  I never would have thought I would look back on that experience and say, wow, piece of cake.

The piping etc running from the cooktop into the gas line that goes through the floor is all the way over to the right side of the cabinet.  There isn't much room behind the gas piping either.

So on Sunday I removed the silverware drawer and the two pots and pan slider things out of the cupboard.  Armed with pipe wrenches and a sense of humor I worked that SOB for an hour.  Finley, the most recent addition to my flock from last year was downstairs and she had never been through a more complicated DIY job with me so I didn't want to scare her.  I didn't raise my voice one and I didn't utter as much as one profane word.

When I felt something shift I thought Praise the Lord.  Then I looked down and saw that the black gas supply pipe coming through the floor shifted.  I immediately stopped, checked for gas smells in case I needed to call the gas company and I put everything back the way it was.

I decided to go with the second plumber on my list of people that I called on Monday.  I texted him the before and after photo of what happened and asked if he could disconnect the gas line to the cooktop, install a new appliance shut off valve and replace the black pipe that moved.  $200 he says - he prices by job.  His first availability was Thursday.

At this point you might be thinking, Bernie, if a plumber came to your house how in the heck don't you have a working cooktop.

Well..... my new cooktop needed a larger cut out into the countertop.  I could not enlarge the counter top and cabinetry under it because I couldn't remove the existing cooktop.  I couldn't remove the cooktop because I couldn't get the gas line disconnected.

Plumber came on Thursday.  $200 for 25-30 minutes of work.  Disconnected cooktop, installed a 1/2 pipe from the gas line that comes through the floor and installed a new shut off valve.  He straightened out the black pipe that I shifted and checked for leaks.

I've since used my jigsaw for the top layer (counter).  I rented a reciprocal saw from home depot yesterday because the next layer of what I needed to cut was lower than the jigsaw could reach.

The final task I have is taking some of the height off of the walls of the two cabinet units that are next to each other (the section that has silverware and pot/pans) and the corner unit.  For that I'm using a dremel with sanding bands.  I was scared to get into the cupboard and try a horizontal cut with the reciprocating saw.  I was fine with vertical cutting however I had visions of blood loss when I thought about doing horizontal cutting with a tool that was new to me.

I'm also done and I expect to have the cabinet all set today.  Perhaps I'll run over to the Home Depot for the umpteenth time today to get the flexible gas line.

My hands are tired and I'm a little stiff from bending over and holding a fixed position from all of this sawing and sanding.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@SoX 

It reminds me of a jacket I bought in the Lord and Taylor 5th Ave and 40th Street store about 25 years ago when I was working at 45th and 5th, at the time the store was amazing much less upscale than when the finally closed

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.