Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 11/2

Good morning, ladies.  DH gets up early on Saturdays to work the food pantry, so I let him have control of the t.v., but I read through the thread and wanted to say hello.

@PINKdogWOOD Sending positive thoughts your way.

The only time I really watch any QVC, other than kitchen stuff, is in the early mornings when I'm getting dressed for work. I caught the Isaac TSV yesterday and ordered it in leopard, but I'm regretting it now. I think it's going to be too long for me.  I'm going to see if I can cancel, but it's probably too late.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Oh, great.... my TSV saga is getting more interesting.  I just checked on the order. I originally ordered the leopard and the black/white plaid. I went back immediately and canceled the plaid.  Now I see that it was actually the leopard that I canceled and the plaid is in process.  Oh, well, I couldn't decide at the time, so I guess the fashion gods made the decision for me.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

i feel your pain!

Ordered velour joggers in every color and now sending back.

They just weren't right!💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Oh, great.... my TSV saga is getting more interesting.  I just checked on the order. I originally ordered the leopard and the black/white plaid. I went back immediately and canceled the plaid.  Now I see that it was actually the leopard that I canceled and the plaid is in process.  Oh, well, I couldn't decide at the time, so I guess the fashion gods made the decision for me.

@house_cat 

Had I ordered it ... which I didn't ... I would have opted for the black/white plaid.   

That said, this sweater looks a little skimpy this year ... he cut corners on the shawl collar all the way down the front on last year's version; by just putting a "placard" down the front ... I didn't like that.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@house_cat 

i feel your pain!

Ordered velour joggers in every color and now sending back.

They just weren't right!💗

@LTT1 

That's a very expensive lesson @$3.50, plus additional $6.95 return fee for each!  

That's why I've cut way, way back on ordering from here ... 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

I rarely send anything back, no matter where I've ordered it from... maybe because I'm usually careful, but more because I'm lazy. I wind up donating it.  This is an expensive item, so if I don't love it, I will return it.

@SoX 

The plaid is definitely more "me" than the leopard. I was prepared to venture out of my zone, but it seems the fashion goddesses decided to reel me in.  I like the fact that it doesn't look too heavy or bulky, because I'm short and easily overpowered by clothing.

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SoX 

I had high hopes for the velour joggers, since I had such good luck with the AnyBody cozy knit ones.

However, so far, the joggers remain warm weather or indoor pants because this velour has a satin backing that makes it feel COLD!

The apartments we have been eyeing look pretty cold, what with wood-like floors, so warmth may be an important consideration.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

The house hunt must be so exciting!  How wonderful to be moving near your daughter and the kids!  I can hardly imagine how happy they will be to have you nearby.

My son and his girlfriend seem to be settling near Asheville, NC. He's a muscian, so it's a good fit for him.  We're driving cross-country this summer with our family in NY as our final destination. We'll be spending some time with my son, in NC, looking for property that might suit them, and us later on.  We won't be next door neighbors, as we're looking for a place in town, convenient to shopping, doctors, hospital.... all those fun things and they're looking for acreage in the countryside.  No matter how it ends up, the trip will be a grand adventure.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

isn't this so?

"A grand adventure" is a great way to classify this!

We are excited. And DH wants to simplify the details of a move as much as possible...thank heavens! 
It would be easy for us to get bogged down in them.

Right now our visit up north to PA will be (hopefully) our final decision-maker.

The place we want to live THE MOST had no openings the last time we were up there and the office said they rarely did (so nothing to show us).

It is right next to the kid's daycare and only a minute or two to their school!

I think I want to live in a place that has fairly stable residents and the reviews are excellent!

That didn't stop us from looking at busier places with more amenities (one has a salt water pool) but those types seem to have less space and boxier living quarters. 

The hunt continues!

Your trip sounds wonderful!

Valued Contributor

You will love NC. I live on the coast but the state is gorgeous and the peolple ar very friendly