Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 10/5

Lola, good luck with the SAT tests.  We had the A/C on Tuesday and now the little heater is taking the chill out of the house. I am so glad that the 80's & worse are over.

Bird Mama, nice looking coat.  I wore my new DB coral jacket out for dinner last night. It fits perfect.

Greeneyedlady, beautiful scarf.  We plan to get our flu shots next Friday.  We will be version going to a different pharmacist, but we trust him.

LTT1, I bought a jean skirt a few months ago and I love it.  The fit is perfect on my 5' 1" body. I wore it to church last Sunday with my new Van Heusen red/blue shirt.  I got several nice comments.  Enjoy the kiddos & good luck with your condo search.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

Not a regular AMS poster, but wanted to tell you I LOVE your JCP finds.

I'm mad for the color of that peacoat, but I like a more closed-neck outerwear jacket.  I'm on the hunt for a Claret boyfriend blazer and I think Chadwicks has a good match for me.

However, your second coat is perfect for our Maryland winters.

Might have to have it in the gray!  My current jacket is a VERY old D&C denim "barn" jacket with a corduroy color.  It is really vintage at this point Cat LOL

You have good taste (IMO)!

Esteemed Contributor

Snick's, I am so sorry about your DH's BIL.  Enjoy dinner out with the family.  It's fall like here too & I am loving it.  An

Jdtmum, enjoy your trip to Italy next month.  I have no idea what you need to pack because we usually do beach vacays too.

jackthebear, good luck with your next trip to Marshall's.  I like shopping but not long check out lines.

I am still ox ox, I am sorry to hear that you need hearing aids.  My DH wears them & it has been a learning experience for him, but he is happy to hear what people are saying.  Good luck with your dh's health too   

Sox, it was in the 80's on Tuesday and we had the A/C on.  This morning it's cool in the house and the little heater is on.  I am so glad to be getting some fall temps.  This is my favorite time of the year.

Esteemed Contributor

My shopping this week was when I went back to the Bargain Spot and saw a beautiful DB water repellent jacket in coral for $29.99. I came back home and looked it up on QVC & it's selling for $84.75 plus shpg.  Needless to say, I went back and bought it.  It came with a very nice garment bag and the zipper pull & the metal hanging tag were wrapped in tissue paper. I wore it to dinner last night and it fits perfect.

Last month I was at the same store and bought a DB ivory lynx faux fur coat for $5.00.  It's brand new, but was missing the hood. The day before I was in this store and they had a lot of DB, SG & IM coats for $49.99.  This is the coat that I almost bought for $149.00.  Now I can't wait to wear it.

It's been a rainy week around here. We got 4" of rain in two days between Tuesday and Wednesday.  That's twice our average rain fall for October.

It was sunny yesterday, but it's supposed to rain today. We are hoping to go to "chili fest" two towns away this morning.

One of my dh's nieces is getting married tomorrow afternoon in the Capitol City.  We look forward to going & it's supposed to be sunny and in the low 60's.  It will be a bittersweet moment for me because my parents were married 75 years ago on this in in London.

Except for a little bit of dusting,  I am going to have a lazy day because I did housework yesterday.  My DH is doing the vacuuming and bathtub & toilets right now. It's his Saturday morning ritual.

I hope that you all have a nice weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinny70 

You got some great deals!  Have a good time tomorrow at your niece's wedding.  

It's getting a little warmer here now that the sun is up ... should be a nice Saturday, after all.  

I returned a blazer to J Crew this week ... then noticed today that my correct size is back in stock.    I was able to get it at the sale price I originally had (40/% off)  ...   It's English wool in Sapphire Multi, with tiny flecks of turquoise; for my turquoise jewelry, of course  Woman Wink 

j.crew: boyfriend blazer in english wool, right side, view zoomed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My goodness @Witchy Woman  what a nice thing to say to me.  I'm 5'10 and JCP has been dressing me since I left highschool (1980 - where did the time go, lol).  I prefer a coat that closes at the neck too which is why that red longer peacoat will not be coming home to me.  I do have a beautiful wool blend navy peacoat that is shorter in length (also from JCP).  I tend to rotate my coats from year to year which could explain why the navy peacoat looks new after 20  years Woman Very Happy

We get pretty cold here in Michigan too.  I prefer a longer coat that will at least cover my rear end.

I bought the cutest coat from JCP a couple of years ago at a screaming deal (end of season).  It had a long walking vent that didn't make sense to me since the coat had a 'fuller skirt'.  I took the coat to a seamstress and now you'd never know there was a walking vent there.  

jcpenney Ana Ana Double Breasted Belted Wool Blend Coat Tall

jcpenney Ana Ana Double Breasted Belted Wool Blend Coat Tall

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

That coat in the picture is adorable!  Isn't it fun to get something you love at a super price!

I sew, but hate to alter anything, so I don't. Cat LOL

Since I retired, I need very little to make me happy in the fashion department.  I've been streamlining my closet since I left work in 2010, and still have things I don't wear.

But, I really could use a new every day coat, and I've got the grey one you posted earlier in my cart.  Going to think about it.  Truth be told, if it's too cold, I don't go out much.

I love JCP, and have shopped there for as long as I can remember.  They have classic items that always worked for me.

I'm quite a bit older than you (graduated in 1968!), but I still find many things I love there. 

I mostly shop for my home there, because, as you mentioned, they have great sales.

I'll let you know if I get the coat!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman   I retired at the end of March 2018 and was kind of glad that I picked first quarter to leave.  It gave me 5 months to assess my closets and dresser drawers before fall fashion and footwear was selling. 

Spending $$$ on fall and winter clothing has never been a problem for me because I love the clothing, footwear and accessories for those seasons.

I put things on my JCP saved (wish list) and ponder them now.  There was a time (not that long ago) when I thought JCP was going to do a wellness check because I hadn't ordered from them in 2 weeks, lol.

They started making me away of hiring dates and open positions at the stores, lol.

Over the years I've bought furniture, kitchen items and window coverings (love) from JCP.  The store always worked for me and I appreciated being able to purchase tall ladies clothing that was well made and affordable.

When Ron Johnson took over briefly at JCP, we'd email each other, hahaha.  He started it - I didn't seek him out.

I want JCP to survive.  Heck I need JCP to survive.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

Yes, I have lots of JCP furniture in my home too...normally tables.

One of my favs is a large, glass-topped coffee table with a huge clock face under the glass.  I cannot believe I ordered the thing and it arrived in one piece.  It has wrought iron legs.  It's quite nice.

Curtains, towels, bathroom stuff....They are one of the few places that still carry the "voile sheers" for windows!  So hard to find elsewhere.  

Too funny about the wellness check....I've spent my share but slacked off over the years.

Yes, I want them to survive too.  It makes me sad to see stores like that fade off when they WERE so popular.

Not many other stores sell talls, so I can appreciate your loyalty to a store that does.

I'm going to start using that saved items or wish list feature, just so I don't lose track of things.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Witchy Woman @Bird mama @SoX @twinny70 

It was in the 40's at first this morning; then 67! Perfect fall weather!🍂🧡🍂

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~