Respected Contributor

Re: A Favorite D&Co. item from the past.

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Got it Probably 5 yrs ago, def pre-Gary, a lamb leather jacket, moto inspired. It fits perfectly and soft and light. And it was under $150, good deal.   Still wear it and love it! 

Gary has been in charge of D&Co for a lot longer than five years. I'm not sure how long he has appeared on the air (I saw a blog post from about five years ago, so at least that long), but he has been there working behind the scenes for probably closer to 15(?) years.

Trusted Contributor

I have some Essentials v-neck short-sleeved tshirts, one chest pocket and a seam down the front that I really like.  I also loved a corduroy "barn jacket" from years ago.  It had a hood and quilting inside -- nice for fall.  

Esteemed Contributor

I looove this discussion!   My favorites that I still wear are so old, they haven't been on QVC for years.   Can't find pictures.

Jean jackets that were a soft denim and also came in a few colors.  I still have one in dark denim.  I used to have one in torquoise too.  It has a tie waist band and big pockets.  Must be 20 years old now.

Two denim shirt jackets -- I still have the medium denim and a black.  At least 15 years old and I still wear both today.  Have been washed and dried hundreds of times.  These are favorites to pack for a trip and both have been all over the USA.

Two almost tunic length shirts -- heavy weight cotton blend, 3/4 sleeves, Y-collar, like a polo shirt without the buttons at the neck.  I still have the white and the lavender ones.  I used to have a lime green that finally wore out.  Again, these shirts are about 15 years old and still look good on me.

Elastic-waist capris in white and light denim.  10-plus years old and still going strong!

Why can't D&C make the same quality now?!?  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I would love to see them bring back the zip front, hooded robe.  It had three quarter sleeves and was knee length.  I think it was touted as a robe/beach cover-up.

I have three of them, and really, you can't kill them.  The black one is getting a bit faded though.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I had a tunic, v-neck hankerchief top that had crochet on bottom hem.  I had a pink one and a mint green one.  Wash after wash, it came out fine.  Got a lot of compliments.  I've purchased other tunic hankerchief D&C tops but they didn't fit as well, something was off.  

Occasional Contributor

I've been a customer for almost as long as QVC has been on the air.  My favorite Denim and Co purchase was an outerwear jacket that I believe was described as an anorak but leaving the internal toggle alone, it looks like a LL Bean barn jacket.  I bought two at that time in a plum with chocolate brown cordory collar and a soft mocha with same collar.  It was offered at the time in quite a few colors.  I still have both jackets, still wear both.  They are washable, comfortable with big pockets on the front of the coat.  While not heavy in weight, they are warm.  I've always wished I would have gotten the denim choice and there was a light color of putty or stone.  It was a steal at a price of somewhere between $30 and $35.  I remember at the time of talking a co-worker into one of these jackets as well.  Some of you mentioned a jacket with wooden toggle closures that's hooded.  I have that jacket in denim also and I believe it has a removable liner.  The liner makes this jacket feel bulky unlike the barn style jacket but the barn style is my all-time fav jacket and would buy again if it were offered even at a higher price. 

Esteemed Contributor

From years back when D&C FIRST started presenting the knit jeans i ordered 3 pairs of item #A227502...one indigo color, one black and one a grey shade..........LOVED THEM.........still have one pair in decent shape.......but as the years have gone by.....with age i have shrunk somewhat and while years back i was on the low end of average height........these days i DEF require petite sizing.

I would be THRILLED if they ever brought back these jeans............they were knit, plain straight leg, elastic waist (not the wide width waistband that almost ALL the QVC pants are offering now) with two pockets in the front of the jean (was happy w/o any backside pockets)................and offer them in the PETITE sizing.........................I have seen one or two over the years that are similar.......but either they don't come in petite sizing OR they have zippers here and there, cargo pockets, different trim, 5 pockets, etc.

Valued Contributor

I love the how comfy pull on jeans with the thin elastic waist line.  I hate the thick waist lines they always curl and roll over.  

Regular Contributor

What a fun post!!  Yes, my favorite Denim & Co pieces are definitely my older, dare I say "vintage", ones.  

Most favorite and ones I'd buy again and again if they'd only bring them back ... petite bootcut leggings, zip front hooded robe/cover up (I have the short sleeve version but would love a 3/4 sleeve, long sleeve and floor length version), a really great cotton jean jacket (so comfy, lightweight, not stiff/heavy), a zip front fleece jacket (not sherpa, just nice medium fleece, plain & simple).  Plus I have this really cool denim topper lined in a cotton fabric (back when "denim" was prominent in the line). 

ahhh ... the good old days