Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Tuesday, Oct. 20th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We are still getting some rain, and we do need it, but it is making the morning gloomy.  Not a good night last night, the dog has been dry coughing all night and then late in the night started coughing up phlem.  And to top that all off there is some dog food showing up in the phlem.  We have an appointment for her at the vet, but can't get her in until 11:30.  Sorry to ruin anyone breakfast.  I slept down stair with her, if you can call it sleep.  We were up all night, think I got about two hours sleep.  We will see how this all goes.

No TSV for me, I think they are cute, but, I need a solid base for my feet.  If it has fur or fleece in the slippers it make my feet hurt.  I can't tell you why but they do.  I have thrown out many new slippers until I figured that out.  I know - weird.

I made my list of things to do today, but not sure how much I will accomplish - time will tell.  

What is everyone up to today?  Have a good morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - One Day At A Time (Tuesday, Oct. 20th)

[ Edited ]

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I am so sorry that your dog is having an issue. I do hope the vet has a good solution for it but it is so hard to wait for an appointment. 

It is dreary here also with rain. Like you, I am passing on the TSV. I usually buy Dearfoarms for wear inside the house.

I ordered a 15# bag of Lyric Fine Tunes bird feed from Amazon. It is no-waste and no-germinating, so if a seed hits the ground, it won't end up sprouting. I tried the 5# bag and it worked well, so I will use this. In earlier years, I used the cheaper feed from the stores, but some of it wasn't eaten and it also sprouted which led me to quit feeding the birds.

I have a doctor's appointment at 5pm for the Humana annual wellness exam. In the meantime, I am getting ready for trash day as well as fine-tuning my grocery pickup from Walmart for tomorrow. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Palady1--Sorry to hear that your dog is sick. I have 2 GSD's and they have been sick with what I call  "doggie flu". We will keep our fingers and paw crossed for your fur baby. Hopefully, once the vet prescribes some meds you're both have some recovery.

It's been rainy here and overcast. At least, it's under control with no wind or huge downpours. I decided to start to run the flood lights for the Fall and Winter seasons. The solar lights don't last thru dawn this time of year. We did put led bulbs in the floods and what a difference that made in brightness and savings on electric bill. I'm hoping it will discourage some of the wildlife from the yards and house.

No TSV for me but it did catch my eye. I only can only wear those Isotoner slippers around the house between my leg/foot issues and the floor surfaces. I finally found a pair of boots (Sketchers relaxed fit) that work for fit and non slip to wear outside.

I won't have any of the family's Christmas lists until Thanksgiving but have to admit that I am concerned about the shipping issue. I think I shopped on Amazon more last year because of this. 

I did watch some of the Q this morning. A few things caught my eye but I'm trying to only replace items and not add to the supply. There dosen't seem to be the variety or quantity of products as in years past. Maybe it's just me trying to stick to my budget.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Very sorry to hear about your dog.  I hope the vet can help.  Also sorry you didn't get much sleep.  

Hi Jean, glad you found some bird feed that works for you.  Good luck with your appointment this afternoon.  I have seen ads for Humana on TV, and they said that you can join Silver Sneakers if you are in Humana.  I am not planning to change my supplementary insurance since the one I have is excellent, but I think Silver Sneakers is a very good resource.  I receive e-mails from them and they have video classes on FB.  When things are open, they have in-person classes, and I went to one a few years back that I enjoyed.

Sounds like you have a good solution for the flood lights, Fressa.  Glad you are not being overly tempted by "wants" these days.

Like the three of you, no TSV for me.  I never realized why I just can't wear slippers with fleece/faux fur, etc. liners.  Like you Susan, I keep buying and then getting rid of them.  I like the looks of the TSV, but thanks to Susan, they are an easy pass.

Yesterday was an extremely busy day for me, but I'm pretty happy with being able to get so much done in one day.  The roofers were quick and very nice.  I was able to take a check up to the office yesterday afternoon, so that is behind me.  My yard man didn't finish (it got too hot), but came back early this morning, and he did a nice job of trimming the bushes, and even took care of a freelance bush (weed) in the alley behind my house.  That was a big job, so I gave him extra $$.  

Not sure about the results, but my mammogram and bone density tests went okay.  And, I really enjoyed the technician who gave me some good information on mask wearing.  The conversation started with her telling me that she was furloughed for six weeks, and was nervous about her return.  But, the patients who came in at first followed all the rules (like mask wearing).  More recently, some have been resisting doing so, and that included two yesterday morning.  She refuses to provide the service unless they wear a mask.  Anyway, she explained that some of them complain that they cannot breathe with a mask on, and sometimes they are literally panting.  The solution for many is to regulate your breathing -- breathing in and out slowly.  I tried it, and I found it helped me.  Everyone else may already know this technique, but it was new to me.  

Nothing new with my nephew, and Bev is closer to deciding to go with hospice.  Your continued good thoughts and prayers are most appreciated.

Still dry and hot here with a high of 93 degrees predicted.  But cooler, more normal temperatures are predicted starting this weekend.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Susan @PAlady   I hope your little girl's vet visit went well. 

It's been gloomy in the mornings for nearly a week which makes it even darker outside when I get up.  Honestly these later sunrise times are harder on me then my birds Woman Very Happy

I though the TSV was cute when I saw it a couple of days ago online.  Since I'm not familiar with sizing and am still waiting for tracking to show for the bracelet that I returned last week Wednesday I didn't want to take a chance on the TSV shoes.

Waving at @PAlady  and wishing good luck to Jean @KonaKat  for the doctor's appointment this afternoon.  

Linda @LindaLatte  I continue to pray for Bev and everyone's family and friends that need it on this thread.  I'm glad that your roof is done and the major yard work is done.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope the day was good for you.

Took the dog to the vet, she has an enlarged heart (not a suprise to me, she is a senior dog).  It is enlarged a little but we will take her to a dog cartioligist in January.  I have to call them tomorrow (vet said that those doctors were booked until January) and see when I can get her in.  She also was given antibiotics for her cough.  Thank you all for your concern for her, I appreciate that.

Jean - Glad the birds are enjoying the food you are putting out.  They will really appreciate it when the snow hits.  Hope your doctor appointment went well.

Fressa - No, there isn't much out there, stores just can't get deliveries.   

Linda - Glad you got so much done yesterday.  Sorry to hear about Bev, I know she has a  hard decision ahead of her.

Bernie - The late starts in the morning are hard, makes it harder to get motivated.

Well off the watch some programs we recorded.  Have a good evening everyone.